Should I mod my 2006 Blaster?

2006Blaster200

Jul 20, 2024
Hey, so I have a 2006 Yamaha Blaster, and I can’t decide if I should mod it, or sell it for a yfz450. Currently my blaster has vforce 4 reeds, and a full Fmf exhaust system, I’m torn between it because I’m not sure if it’ll be worth dumping money into it, to mod it. Any opinions?

Depends on what you are looking for. The 450 is a better bike all the way around in my opinion, but riding style will play a huge factor. The money it would take to get the blaster on the same playing field as a stock 450, would more than likely cost more than a 450 dependent on fab skills. The cool factor of having a super custom blaster though, priceless.

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
I find myself in total agreement with acdiez once again.

I would add that in order to put a Blaster on par with a 450 in power, you are looking at a 250 2-stroke bike engine swap....and that's not even addressing chassis/suspension upgrades/customization to make it ride and handle like a 450. Modded Blasters are cool as hell, but if your budget is limited, the best solution is probably going to be to sell the Blaster and get your 450.

Depends on what you are looking for. The 450 is a better bike all the way around in my opinion, but riding style will play a huge factor. The money it would take to get the blaster on the same playing field as a stock 450, would more than likely cost more than a 450 dependent on fab skills. The cool factor of having a super custom blaster though, priceless.
Thank you, I’m trying too sell my blaster for a 450 now.

I find myself in total agreement with acdiez once again.

I would add that in order to put a Blaster on par with a 450 in power, you are looking at a 250 2-stroke bike engine swap....and that's not even addressing chassis/suspension upgrades/customization to make it ride and handle like a 450. Modded Blasters are cool as hell, but if your budget is limited, the best solution is probably going to be to sell the Blaster and get your 450.
Thank you, I am now trying to sell the blaster for a 450.

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r