say goodbye to my '95

04YamahaRider

Jun 11, 2011
Cullman, Alabama
Well as long as it's original '95 engine lasted i should have thought it would blow up when i was riding it, not too sure what happened i when from the trail to a road shifted up and i heard clanging..somewhat like keys but heavier and i gave it gas to come out of the shift and it bogged out so when i pulled in the clutch it died, then my buddy towed me home, i couldn't find neutral for some reason so i just decided to hold in the clutch so about halfway home the clutch stopped working and it locked up the rear end and the tires skidded..so then i just kicked up on it and i found neutral..then got it home. any guesses to what happened?Also when i went to try to kick it over the kick start wont go down so it seems seized to me.. i know i need a full rebuild so estimates on what it'll cost to replace everything and get it up and running again are appreciated. :(

yea, well i can do most things on the bike but nothing engine related. im not comfortable tearing into the engine yet so i think i'm going to give it to my buddy to rebuild it bc i dont have the experience to do it on my own.

You welded the clutch ball to the pushrod by towing it home holding the clutch handle in. Easy to replace, hardware stores carry polished chrome ball bearings 3/16" is the size needed.

yea, well i can do most things on the bike but nothing engine related. im not comfortable tearing into the engine yet so i think i'm going to give it to my buddy to rebuild it bc i dont have the experience to do it on my own.

Send it to Ken O'Connor. Im sure he'll get that engine in better shape than ever for a GREAT price.

I had the same happen to me u pulled the head the bottom of the piston droped of went into the case the rod seemed to be in good shape so I flushed the case by using carb cleaner and a strong stick magnet the rebuild cost me $200 its been running for a year now with no motor problems so that's something to think about

You're only a virgin once :eek:. Get a manual and get to work!! I:I Plus Ken's how to you can't loose. :D