Sad news in the Blaster world.

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
My old teammate, mentor, friend, and builder of the first extended blaster that I raced with to win the baja 1000 teamed with him, Passed away yesterday. He taught me what I know about building quads and suspension as well as going fast. The evolution of my blasters and my ability to ride them was the direct result of the good natured yet competitive rivalry between friends.
Tom Sullivan, you will be missed.
tomblaster.jpg

Reactions: TypicalGuy
My old teammate, mentor, friend, and builder of the first extended blaster that I raced with to win the baja 1000 teamed with him, Passed away yesterday. He taught me what I know about building quads and suspension as well as going fast. The evolution of my blasters and my ability to ride them was the direct result of the good natured yet competitive rivalry between friends.
Tom Sullivan, you will be missed.View attachment 35750
I know this is a hella old post. RIP.

I have some questions about the suspension workings of these blasters. As far as I know you are the only one that’s achieved a true long travel rear end on these.

I am currently in the planning stages of building one of the gnarlyest blasters on the face of this planet. Although I don’t think it will ever be better than yours, I’m going to build a Baja ready yz250 swapped long travel blaster. Still trying to figure out the best way to get better travel out of the rear. Id love to chat sometime if you ever see this.

Been two years since your last post… hell you be dead. But if you ever see this I’d love to chat about your suspension and the geometry of it.