Rusty Pipe? NO PROBLEM, Cleaning rust with aluminum foil.

A80B9ED3-5EDB-4AF1-BFD9-E30479CC121F-748-000001969774CDFD_zpse3ff713c.jpg

I have some rust on my chrome LSR axle. Do you think it will work on that? I am talking about the AL methos not electrolysis

I tried it on an old wrench my buddie had. It came out great as well. Awesome tip. I really just eat the rust right off. I thought it came off super quick.

I did this, worked great. You guys ever try baking soda in water with a battery running to it, and a nail? Pulls the rust right off, but I dont know what it would do with a chrome coat so didn't try it on this. But awsome advice, worked great.

Do either of these methods effect paint?? I saw that a few guys said it will effect chrome but I'd like to restore my lt250r and I don't have the money to repaint everything and I wanna leave that blue on the frame..anyone know if it will effect it?

Btw, great thread...I wish I had the chance to do this before!

Is there a reasonable way to dispose of the so called "soup" water such as : a municipal oil / gas / paint reclamation point near your project? I can't just dump this stuff on my property or neighboring property or BLM land that I ride on ..honestly there's paint from who knows where in the mix that I just can't honestly trust in my well water. Can the soup be left to evaporate then disposed of in municipal garbage or city / county dumps? Is this stuff toxic?

Going to try this out on my FMF this weekend. Will post photos.

What it looks like at the moment.
DSCN3874.JPG

DSCN3873.JPG

Dude you have to try using a wire wheel and the product zerust axxaclean. Wire wheel the rust off, coat the pipe in the axxaclean, I used a green scotch bright while the cleaner was on but you can skip that step if you choose, then spray it down with water, give it a polish and enjoy your results. ✌