running water advice

cryptic

Feb 28, 2012
wisconsin
ok on the property we have anywhere from 2 inches to 2 feet of water some places i havnt even temped going through YET but anyway i have an almost all stock 89 blaster im going to be buying the full airbox lid because i keep seing water in the tool tray behind the airbox so that means without the lid it has to be getting inside anyway what all should i do for running deep water

up to the bottom of the seat

i have an fmf exaust no leaks
just got a g force axle and going to be doing some work sealing up the brakes but anyone else run water like this and have problems with water getting in where it doesnt belong and know how to fix it

what should i run for a chain what greese should i use in the arms that kind of stuff will help lots

right now i run just standerd greese ill update what im using for chain lube when i get out to the shop but i have an o ring chain thats getting wore out should i replace it with an o ring or will a standerd chain be beter for water
what kind of tires handle real squishy mud and hard clay i have turf tamers right now seem to work till i get into water up to the top of the tranny case then i slow way down

sorry about all the question just baisically trying to make this thing water proof and durable for the use any things people changed to handle this is what im looking for

ill be running this water till about june then again come september we live on the start of a river so 9 months out of the year half the property and woods is flooded but when it does dry up its all clay so almost like running on concrete

Start at stator with new cover seal, or use silicon on both sides of gasket seal. Seal where wires come out. Clean all connections and add dielectric grease. Seal box lid with silicon, consider snorkel extension. 22" mud lites and 13 front sprocket.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary. Good luck.

at least he rides his fool :p

as long as its sealed up good u shouldnt have no worries...ive rode mine with water up to the seat..just whatver u do dont stop, keep the motor running or theres a good chance youll get stuck

lol had it stuck lots already will do the stator cover

there was about 2 inches of ice a foot down that the tires would break and start pushing and stop me ive steped off into knee deep water a few times