ROAD LEGAL (BLASTER)

I live in south dakota and both my blaster and Raptor 700 are road legal, all i had to do was put bicycle mirrors on them and some cheap 9 volt horns ( all removable for racing) and get them registered. the only snag i ran into is that the blaster is not technically 200cc it is only 195 ( i think) and according to our laws all registered atvs have to be at least 200cc but i am good friends with the mechanic down at the yamaha shop and he signed a paper saying that it had been bored out to 200cc's and that solved that problem. I have never had issues with the cops around here, they actually have two cops on atv's in the town i live in. Riding on the road is pretty gay though, I mostly use them to get out to the snowmobile trails which are open to atv's in the summer.

in indiana i just gota polaris thats "road legal" (atleast what he told me) and it has registration but it doesnt have mirrors or a horn?

In Maine, You have to install mirrors, a tail/brake light,Brake light must illuminate on both front and back brakes, speedometer, headlight with high/low beam 55/65,plate light, horn, tires that do not specify off road only, turn signals, A spark arrester exhaust no louder than 65db, a state inspection sticker,(cable brakes do not pass,) must have working key and kill switch, proof of insurance, register as a modified motorcycle, and pay exise tax and proof sales tax was paid on a clear title. Now it's not a blaster anymore, it's a modified motorcycle, and a bizzare looking one at that. but yes you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy in my county took a yfz 450 and put a crotch rocket motor in it and road tires and and signals and
they let him ride it all over town