Rm250 Blaster Project

FasterBlaster22

Jan 11, 2008
Boston Ny
Started my Rm250 blaster project a few days ago and I wanted to show it to you guys. So far I have the chain lined up and the swing arm mounted through the motor... now just the front and bottom mounts are left. The motor is a 1985 liquid cooled Suzuki Rm250 motor. I am putting new rings and gaskets in it so it is refreshed. Already did all the electrical work. I will get some pics of it later tomorrow. Hey does any body know what to do for the radiator? Ive herd of a Kawasaki Mojave radiator... But where to mount it and does it have to be above the motor or can it be even with it? Thanks for your help I'm only 15 so any help is wonderful.

Wow! This sounds like an interesting project!
I don't think it matters what radiator you use, as long as it is big enough to keep the motor cool. The only thing I would recommend is to place the rad a little bit higher than the motor. The reason for this is to keep air bubbles out of the engine. You want the top of the radiator to be higher than the top of the motor so that air bubbles will not get trapped in the engine.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how the project goes!

well get em up! i wana see this badly, is this a 6speed? i know the newer rm's are 6speed.

I was not to hard at all, the hardest part was lining up the chain. I had to cut the motor and the swingarm and make the left side of the swingarm smaller so the bolt could go through at pivot. I Used the bushing from the inside to do it. You will see in the pics

007.jpg

Swingarm
008.jpg

Frame
009.jpg

Hydro Rear Brake
012.jpg

Had To Cut Engine
014.jpg

Engine Is In! Well Almost

Got the piston ring today (Good thing I checked before I ordered the ring since the piston was bored .25 over I:I) Also got the front mounts welded on. Now I am just waiting for the gasket kit before I can start it up.

Cool project it's gonna be fun.
Here's some pics of a YZ250 Blasty. Use them for some radiator mounting ideas...PB

yz250blaster.jpg

yz250blastermotor.jpg

wow paulie's got everything, a yz250 blaster and yz400 blaster lol

and nice work fasterblaster im very jealous !