ride time/ fuel milege

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
whats everyone getting per tank of fuel hour wise? say 2-3 hrs on tank? and how ling can you go on reserve?

I don't really keep track,but I think about 3 hours on a full tank.As for reserve,about 20mins.

yeah, sounds bout the same as me iv never used reserve that long though, after i put my bigger jet in its going to go down a good bit though

It may be more than 3 for me as well.I just filled up today.I'll try to keep track,seems like a good thing to know.

for me...with a 4 gallon tank I can get just over 40 miles or about 45 minutes of normal riding I can stretch 50 miles but I really have to watch how I am riding and slow down a bit. racing the bike is always on reserve..either you have enough gas or you dont. You people with stock tanks, here is a trick, first block any clearance areas like pipe to tank etc... than drain all gas out of tank... bring 3 gallons of water to just barely a boil, fill the tank, let sit for about 2 minutes for the heat to spread into the plastic and pressurize the vent tube with about 5 psi. repeat a couple times and you can increase the size of the stock tank by over a half gallon.

here is a trick, first block any clearance areas like pipe to tank etc... than drain all gas out of tank... bring 3 gallons of water to just barely a boil, fill the tank, let sit for about 2 minutes for the heat to spread into the plastic and pressurize the vent tube with about 5 psi. repeat a couple times and you can increase the size of the stock tank by over a half gallon.
Never heard of that,I may give it a try though on an extra tank I have laying around.

hmm.. stretch the tank, thats cool i to may have to try that, i looked at the ims tanks and wow the prices suck..lol

hmm.. stretch the tank, thats cool i to may have to try that, i looked at the ims tanks and wow the prices suck..lol

try having an aluminum tank hand made

Attachments

• 570-Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20_41_.jpg
    570-Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20_41_.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 107
im sorry but that blaster is ugly!! functionable but ugly!!!

on bad biiish i could get 4- 4.5 hours on a tank, and i ride hard...

the wifes blaster i got 3 solid hard hours on it and still have half atank