revving high

Quadmaniac

Jun 30, 2015
I have a 96 blaster and every once in a while when I start it up it will immediately Rev to the moon. It also does it as I'm driving it and it's a little scary considering that when it happened yesterday I wrecked into a fence. Can anybody diagnose this problem Cause It's Only Done THIS Since I Put Twist THROTTLE On it

It's either an air leak (causing a lean condition) or something to do with the twist throttle conversion. Put the thumb throttle back on it and see if the problem occurs.

put the thumb throttle back on and live to see tomorrow, they do not belong on atv's. period.

Well I guess it doesn't matter now. I was riding It earlier and it high revved when I pulled in my clutch and dropped the tranny out of it. So my new mission is to put a shee' motor in it

if you think a blaster engine is hard to tune/ work on
then good luck on the twin cylinder,carb,pipe's:D
never mind fitting it in a blaster frame

you aint got nuttin to lose know take that engine apart.

A blaster motor was the easiest motor I've ever worked on. A friend of mine got a shee motor to work in his blaster and that thing rips. He said the hardest thing to fit was the pipe. I might not go that route tho I might find a 400ex or similar motor for it

well sounds good then:)
although the 400ex has more low end torque
and maybe 5 mph higher top speed
the blaster engine in the blaster is wayy more fun to me.
i have had 1 400ex and 3 blasters:D
and in my opininon that 400ex air cooled engine is effin hot
BETWEEN YOU LEGS;)
whatever makes you enjoy the great outdoors is worth it thougho_O

Only 5 mph faster how? My buddy has a 400ex that would keep up with my raptor 660 that went 90 mph. But anyways would a yfz 450 fit it. I just want a big motor in a small quad to go fast. And is it possible that a higher cc motor that has more torque could twist the blaster frame?

Only 5 mph faster how? My buddy has a 400ex that would keep up with my raptor 660 that went 90 mph. But anyways would a yfz 450 fit it. I just want a big motor in a small quad to go fast. And is it possible that a higher cc motor that has more torque could twist the blaster frame?

im am not the authority on swapped engine at all whatsoever:D
although a stock 400ex or raptor 660r
does not hit 90mph at all
mph vary through gearing however.
when you are going 55 or 60 on a all terrrain vehicle it feels much faster
and every engine swap requires modification to the frame ect
there is threads on here of yz250, yfz450 ect
depending on your riding style and terrain will depend on what your are looking for.
off the top of my head which i maybe off a hp or 2
stock blaster 17hp...stock yz250 49hp
i guess you could hit 90mph with proper gearing,but you would need a straight road and patience's lol

Both the 660 and 400 were both piped and jetted and Stretched and lowered. I know the raptor did 90 cause I was using a GPS and had someone following along side me. And the 400 kept up

I don't know man my buddy bought a raptor 660r special edition back in the day. Can't remember what year had to been before 04. We took it on the road and I followed him in my car and I was doing like 85ish and he was in front of me a good ways.

I know a Honda cb 250 two cylinder should fit.
But you'll have turbocharge:D it or something ,to be an upgrade.
Some blaster knock offs are fitted with reproduction cb 250 engines.
barossa__smc_stinger__explorer_250_with_reverse_gear_2006_3_lgw.jpg

Barossa smc 250 :confused:

Last edited:
I think the best and fastest motor would be the Honda Goldwing 1800cc flat six. You have to do some frame modification and convert to shaft drive but it'll go 130mph plus you get reverse.