Replace ol shakes

Purplebeast

Dec 7, 2012
So I jus bought my wife a 96 blaster and I noticed that the head light was shaking in the housing and the lens is foggy. Any suggestions on a new light or set up? Not looking to spend crazy money and I knw how to do electrical work.I:I

So I jus bought my wife a 96 blaster and I noticed that the head light was shaking in the housing and the lens is foggy. Any suggestions on a new light or set up? Not looking to spend crazy money and I knw how to do electrical work.I:I

the headlight completely disassembles allowing you access to the lens (which is glass), reflector and lamp/socket
it's very possible you can get it back to stock condition ? and definately clean the haze from the lens.
are the rubber bushings/mounts still in one piece ?
or is the socket/lamp shaking inside ?

The rubber is gone from the housing, the lens goes every where when its running. Could I get some fog light pods or something? I found led headlamps but they are $300 easy...

you can restore that light if ya wanted, but seem to already have your mind set on aftermarket's
you can use fog lights, but they can't be over 55 watts total, thats all a stock stator can handle.
some here use the walmart bullet style driving lights, and replace the 35 watt bulbs with 25 watt landscaping light bulbs.
but they seem to take a dump after a few rides from what i remember seeing?

i ran a single 55 watt similar to this first one from autozone for 2 seasons on my spare blaster, and the light is still working on my buddies....

Pilot Automotive/Round driving lights (PL-820C) | Driving Light | AutoZone.com_

or....

2" Round Universal Lights Blue Halogen Driving Lamp Bumper Fog Light Honda Chevy | eBay

here's some led choices from ebay that will allow you to run both...

i have a flashlight that runs a cree t6 1000 lumen bulb, and i can spot deer across feilds with it.........

30W 12V 3000LM CREE T6 LED Driving Fog Light Lamp Rally Ranger 4x4 Dirt ATV | eBay

2" x 2" Off Road LED Spot Beam Fog Light Single 10W CREE LED 800 Lumen | eBay

4x4 style..........

2X 6 5" 4x4 Off Road Round Driving Fog Lights Switch for Truck Pickup SUV Jeep | eBay

just remember, no more than 55 watts total

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS AWK!!!! You give everybody great answers!!! I'll go look today or tomorrow for some. I like the flat ones you purchased. Did u stack them or just put a single?

THANKS AWK!!!! You give everybody great answers!!! I'll go look today or tomorrow for some. I like the flat ones you purchased. Did u stack them or just put a single?

the ones i got from advance auto/autozone are 55 watts each, so you can only run 1 at a time, unless you upgrade to a 75 watt stator lighting coil
slickerthanyou and I split a pack, and i made us each an aluminum bracket that mounted under the bar clamps.
they seemed to work great while we had them on, and 1 is more than plenty of light.

i have since moved on to trailtech lights on mine w/ the 75 watt lighting coil, so my spare bike got my stock headlight, i actually like the stock light....low beam for in the trails, then switch to high beam for more open area. it just seems safer to be able to see what i need to, at the speeds i ride in this rough stuff here.
my trailtechs have 1 spot and 1 flood to cover a wide range, but i've yet to ride that bike at night and test them ???

I haven't tested it out yet either but I might here soon when I go riding. The lighting isn't urgent, I just wanted to know what other people have done. Thanks for the help.