removal of tors on a 2005 blaster

shawn E

Jun 7, 2014
How do I remove the tors on my 2005. Are they all the same. Ive cleaned the carb twice. The bike will rev clean to the moon but as soon as I put it in gear and gas it, it starts cutting out like its rev limited.

How do I remove the tors on my 2005. Are they all the same. Ive cleaned the carb twice. The bike will rev clean to the moon but as soon as I put it in gear and gas it, it starts cutting out like its rev limited.

the tors system should limit revs all the time, even in nuetral. so if it's revving at all it probably isn't the tors unit malfunction.
but here's the 03+ tors removal ......
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

not sure how the parking brake rev limiter works, but thats an easy disconnect to see, follow the wires from the clutch perch, (where the park brake is located on 03+ models), to down under the hood and unplug it.

i'd also try a new plug, check plug boot and wire for burnt/broken, check the reeds for cracked/broken petal, and.....
clean the carb and set float height while in there, < those diy's can be found in the carb section

Sounds like the parking brake.. Disconnect it,, Also is there any backfiring or anything? Did this just start to happen out of nowhere or after you did something?

If it revs up clean then it is not a park break issue, if the brake is on it should no go above idle.

Is the carb flooding, have you set the float level, is the air filter clean?

When was the last time you leak tested?