Reeds

dre2992

Apr 30, 2013
My boyesen power reeds are not sealing. Can I loose power and speed because of that. My blaster use to do almost 70mph with the stock piston it's bored .40 over now it's doing 55mph I think it might be the reeds. I didn't jet the carb to the reeds idk if I need to or what's going. On plz let me know if you can help me thank you

No need to rejet for a change of reeds.

If the reeds are not sealing, flip them over.

Non sealing reeds usually affect starting, but performance after starting is not usually affected.

I find it hard to swallow that a stock motor would reach nearly 70mph, 60mph is usually the limit unless you have a long steep hill and the wind in your back.

There maybe a problem with the carby, like a fuel starvation issue.

ok i think it might be the crank bearing i just rebuilt the top end so now the bottom end is going out now. i think there might be to much slop in the crank so im losing power. let me know what you think

A sloppy crank bearing will not make you loose any power but if it lets go you may loose the entire contents of your wallet.

Did you fit a new top end without checking first to see if the bottom end was man enough for the job?

Or did you not clean out the debris from a piston that dropped its skirt?

i did clean out the bottom and i also made shure that the bottom baring hand no slop in it

i did clean out the bottom and i also made shure that the bottom baring hand no slop in it

And now the pointed question if the skirt dropped off of a piston, did you split the cases and perfectly clean all the debris from all bearing surfaces?

No I did not i put gas in it and dumped it and blow air in it that's how I clean it out

No I did not i put gas in it and dumped it and blow air in it that's how I clean it out

Be prepared for a very nasty surprise!

There is no way that a flush and blow job will remove all of the shrapnel that a dropped skirt dumps into the case.

Did you leak test to see if the cases were not damaged?