Rear Brake Opinions

Liam33

Aug 31, 2008
Hatboro, PA
i have i hydro setup on and it couldnt suck anymore, it is just terriable. i was thinking of just buying a stock setup for cheap. whats your guys opinions????????

hmm what set up do u have ? ... if u are thinking of going cable u can get them to work great with the shorter cable and good pads on it .. i may have a rear cailper if u are going to go with cable..

is it in good shape??? i just want to be abler to strap it on and go

yeaa it was working when i took it off other then the end of tthe shorter cable breaking off .. ill pull it out tomarrow see how she look .. got any pics of your hydro set up ?..

It depends on how much thought and patience you want to put into it. With that said world class street bike rear hydro brake sets are dirt cheap on Ebay.
I've seen some like my own sell for $10.

i dunno they just dont stop the bike at all i would think they would just lock up if i pressed hardeough on the peddle but intead it barely slows me down and it takes forever to bleed maybe if i got new pads it would work but i dunno. another thing is that every time you use the kick start it slams on the brackect that holds the brake on and now stripped a bolt on the frame

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the hydro brake setup from ebay mentioned earlier, works awesome fully adjustable dual pistons, May be you can adjust yours,after a good bleeding,there is allen heads inside the caliper one for each side.