radiator

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
how hot does a radiator get beacuse im puting ltr platics on my zilla i will be getting and the plastics to fit will have to lean on the top of the radiator a bit will it melt the plastics

one other question it has a head light what if I cut the wires and took it of and put black electrical tape over the tip and never turn the lights on will this do anything to the quad

the wires shouldn't hurt anything, even if you turn them on there shouldn't be any power flowing throught them unless they find a ground. i don't know much about the zillas but my raptors rad. gets pritty hot but i don't think hot enough to melt the plastic. if you are worried you could always get some sort of heat tape or exhaust rap and put it on the plastic where it is touching the rad. that should protect it.

the wires shouldn't hurt anything, even if you turn them on there shouldn't be any power flowing throught them unless they find a ground. i don't know much about the zillas but my raptors rad. gets pritty hot but i don't think hot enough to melt the plastic. if you are worried you could always get some sort of heat tape or exhaust rap and put it on the plastic where it is touching the rad. that should protect it.

+1 good answer.. heat tape wouldnt be a bad idea..

i havent had any problems with my radiator melting anything but it doesnt touch any plastics. Shouldnt get any hotter then 250* but you should have the air cooling it as you drive. I wouldnt worry about it.

Also, for the wires, I would get some wire nuts then wrap in electrical tape or just get a butt connector and put it on one end and wrap it. Even though the wire will be fine hanging there, it will still have power and when it hits a grounding source it will spark.

thnx guys for all your help im going to get pics and vids of this zilla im going to make a vid on how I mounted the ltr 450 plastics

Yeah I toally agree with the heat tape idea.. I used it on my Honda 200X restore the DG pipe I had on it the mount kinda touched the fenders.. worked great! If I could give a Rep I would??? is it only for supporting memeber (Which I will be lol)

As for the wires no! I did the same with my headlight and no issues what so ever! And with no Ground its impossible!