race questions

well most people put +3+1 a arms for racing but +2+1 will be ok too. usually an extended axle or strong spacers (not the stud type) front and back good shocks like elka's or works. nerf bars are a must along with a tether kill switch. and youll have to lose the light i think.

as for the engine a stock engine with a pipe, filter and small stuff will be fine. but if you get it ported and/or a better quality stock bore kit like a ct kit.

and some mx tires would be good. usally 19" fronts and 18" backs. but all depends on what kinda racing ur doing.

it all depends on what the requirement for your area are for age and cc and stuff. here i think its 16 for blasters but im not even sure if they is an age limit. and they run with the raptor 250's.

well mine is punched 30 over and is or was a 200cc motor do i need the shocks a arms and spacers it seems great the way it is but it dosen't like the bumps so maby i need the shocks.

yes you most definitly need shocks and try not to get spacers if you can afford an axle. you might not even make it around the track with stock shocks lol. i blew my stock banshee shock on my third lap. and the banshee shocks are wayyy better then blaster shocks. and 30 over is fine. i mean just dont get a big bore kit because they might not let you race. but if your allowed to use a big bore kit then a ported 240 would be the way to go. you would wreck the raptor 250's lol.

oh and just letting you know 30 over isnt 230cc. it just 30 thousandths of an inch over stock bore.

It also depends on what kind of racing. You can be a tard like me and be a tree racer (harescrambles). Depending on how big you are, you can get away with stock width on the track, no rules against how narrow you are only how wide. I run 22's on the rear so a built motor is a kinda nice if you want any form of hill climbing power. Skids are a must. Nothing ruins your day, pay check, race or attitude like a hole in the case/countershaft getting ripped out.
Usual rules for all forms of racing: Proper protective gear, tether switch
My set up is a 240 with a mid range power port job, 22 kenda bear claw rears, skids, pro armor tether. Stock width, but that is only because I run in the woods and being narrow is a major advantage at the rutted up XC properties

at the drags i did last weekend they had a bone stock 0-250cc class, no 250r's. no pipes, ext swingersa a arms, nothing. that would be your class for now.