race point dunes

yeah ive heard of it, my mom went down there with her boyfreind over the summer and they drove a jeep on the beach and in the dune area. just found this online....

ORV Annual Reports and Related Documents

The off-road driving corridor at Cape Cod National Seashore is comprised of miles of unspoiled beaches managed by the National Park Service to accommodate off-road vehicle (ORV) enthusiasts and other beach goers. Outlined are requirements and regulations for driving off-road at Cape Cod National Seashore. All applicable federal and state laws and regulations apply and are enforceable.

CURRENT ORV ROUTE MAP

Annual ORV Permits will go on sale March 26, 2008.

Maximum of 150 annual permits issued per day
(Tickets will NOT be issued starting at 6am for the 150 available permits. Due to the success of the changes made to the permit issuing procedure, the 150 daily sales limit was never reached and seasonal and 7-Day permits were available throughout the year.)

Hours:
8:00am to 4:30pm
Seven days a week (including all holidays)

Price:
ORV Annual - $150
ORV 7-Day - $50
SCV Annual - $225
SCV 7-Day - $75

Operators:
Registered owners and other operators must have a valid state operator's license; view an educational orientation program each season; and abide by all Seashore and off-road regulations.

Vehicles:
4-Wheel/All Wheel Drive Vehicles or Self-Contained recreational vehicles must have: a valid state registration, inspection sticker, insurance, tires meeting standards outlined in this brochure and all required accessory equipment.

so basically you have to pass an off road test, register, pay fee, and forms. im going down there this summer to ride. where are you from?

its no glamis but yes there are and a huge long beach to mess around heres a picture i just found of part of race point where you can ride off road there
race-point-orv-road.jpg

paddle tires would def. be the way to go here i was thinking about getting a cheap set online

thats still really a good place to go cuz there are no other dunes. do u think u could take a dirtbike there

"Vehicles:
4-Wheel/All Wheel Drive Vehicles or Self-Contained recreational vehicles must have: a valid state registration...."

definetley a quad but if im right a dirt bike falls under the self contained recreational vehicle category but yeah i was gunna bring my kx100 down there if they let me. do you have a bike?

yeah thats true im prob. gunna take my blaster down there over march cuz i think it open march 26 to vehicles. but have you ever heard of coal hill in trevorton, pa thats another crazy place to ride near here. im sure you've heard of The Huevos atv videos, they filmed some sh*t out there. im planning a trip with a bunch of guys to ride there this summer. heres the vid.

ATV

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure yet but you can start getting permits on march 1 so im assuming thats when it open to off road vehicles so ill prob. go for a weekend in march