questions about a motor rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic

Feb 28, 2012
wisconsin
ok now that i have everything fixed on the blasters i am at a loss of things to do.. i just about went and bought some supplys today to make a pipe bender so i could make rear grab bars bumpers and nerf bars for my dads and gfs blaster but not sure on that one yet anyway i have a spare motor i got with one of them it has bad crank side conecting rod bearings a badly scored piston and jug (cant see the rings on one side) its baisically melted anyway anyone know how to replace the connecting rod bearing or should i get a new crank and btw i like stock i dont like to upgrade so i would like to stick to a stock crank

the jug i was told would cost $80 to get bored out but its pretty badly scored and if i can i would like to get it re sleved like i said stock this is going to be a spare motor that if i run into troubles with one i can swap it out and keep riding

list of what i want to do and if anyone has an opionion let me know ty and if i can get any of it done by people here i would much rather that rout

new crank or new bearings and connecting rod on this crank
new piston and rings to match the cyl
either bored out or re sleved jug
new clutch cover plate its broke and
new stator plate its gone
used would work on the last two
a bolt kit this thing is missing bolts all over the place head bolts and jug and screws
kick starter gear couse i stole it for mine :)
carb is stock reeds need replaced

i would like to have the jug powder coated thinking about what would look good since all three blasters are dif colors and no idea where this motor will end up

if anyone knows of somwhere that can do some of this i would like to know what it will cost im not going to be doing it all at once but would like to have it complete in a few weeks

watch ebay, and the classifieds on here. you'll want to do some deal shopping for some of that stuff.

having that stock crank rebuilt will probably run around 120 bucks, I would probably go that route, unless you can find a good used one, or pony up a few more bucks for an aftermarket one. Do the crank bearings and seals while you're in there.

If you don't have a manual, you're going to want to get one for the build.

manual is in my sig for you to download. Sounds like you have a good list, get cracking!

watch ebay, and the classifieds on here. you'll want to do some deal shopping for some of that stuff.

having that stock crank rebuilt will probably run around 120 bucks, I would probably go that route, unless you can find a good used one, or pony up a few more bucks for an aftermarket one. Do the crank bearings and seals while you're in there.

If you don't have a manual, you're going to want to get one for the build.

planned on a whole kit with the piston rings seals the works for about $180 and i have a clymer and haynes manual

call the number in my sig pic below, after 9 any morning and ken will set you straight on pricing.
theres also pricing on his website.........

index

X's 3 on ken!

At the bare minimum give the guy a call if you think you know it all i promise he will school you.I learn new sh*t every time i call the man!And be sitting down when you experience his customer service its almost unheard of these days!

I just called him the other day on a jetting question about a motor he did a year ago and he was happy to set me straight!Even better he just did my banshee jugs for free!!!The man is the sh*t!

Status
Not open for further replies.