67.50 - .060 - 204CC- 215CC

67.75 - .070 - 205CC - 216CC

68.00 - .080- 207CC - 218CC

68.25 - .090- 209CC - 220CC

72.00 - STOCK BB- 232CC - 244CC

72.25 - .010- 234CC- 246CC

72.50 - .020 - 235CC - 248CC

hopes this helps

So I found this info while trying to find am answer to this question of mine...... I am looking for a blaster for my sister, and found one that the guy says has been bored to a 250, Im not sure if this is correct because as this says it would be a big bore or stroker???? So im thinking this guy is wrong, I plan on asking him tomorrow but would like some more info before he trys to play me for a fool. He says he will take $400 for it because the carb need works amd the kicker spring is messed up so the kicker wont stay up, and he doesnt wanna mess with it and needs money

Here is the link
2003 Yamaha Blaster 200 - $600 or BEST OFFER

Yay or nay on this deal? My sister wants a quad bad (wish she would have told me before I parted out my other one lol go figure!) But I wanna make sure she doesnt get screwed!!

Thanks!

i would be willing to bet its been bored .50 over and he magically think that makes it a 250... i hate people like that lol :D. since he dont even understand how boring works i would expect more wrong with it besides a bad needle valve. it looks great for the price though, if it were me i would take a compression gauge with me and if that checks out scoop it up!! even if the comp was a bit low $400 for a complete 03+ is a smoking deal

i would be willing to bet its been bored .50 over and he magically think that makes it a 250... i hate people like that lol :D. since he dont even understand how boring works i would expect more wrong with it besides a bad needle valve. it looks great for the price though, if it were me i would take a compression gauge with me and if that checks out scoop it up!! even if the comp was a bit low $400 for a complete 03+ is a smoking deal

/\/\/\ i second that, snatch that puppy up, lots of us have paid double that for way less
alot of "carb problem, don't start" ads on CL actually need rebuilt and are fried already, so expect to rebuild the top end, at least

i'd also check to see if it goes into all 6 gears, and wiggle it every which way to check axle, swingarm and wheel bearings too, not that your prolly gonna talk him down much less

I would snag it since he only wants 600 for a 2003, however, it's probably going to need some work. Checking the compression on-site would be a good idea too!!

Pull the carb (if you're familiar with doing so) and check the needle and float. Sometimes the needle valve can get stuck closed after sitting for a long time with this sh*tty ethanol gas that we have now adays!!

2003 has hydraulic brakes, it has nerfs (whatever), from the pics it looks like holeshot rears, the bars don't look stock, and that's a sweet front bumper. Go grab that thing!!

P.S. wanna sell me that front bumper?

Everyone just about summed it up. GET IT!! Even if the engine needs rebuilt, its still a great deal and you'll make all of your $ 400.00 back if you decide to part it out later. Take and use a compression tester, check the trans like awk suggested, and just look it over well.

You might get lucky if the needle/seat is indeed messed up in the carburetor and that's all it needs to run again. Might have a broken reed, too, which will keep the engine from starting.

Snag it! I would...

i would be willing to bet its been bored .50 over and he magically think that makes it a 250...

Thats makes alot more since!! lol

I thought so too that $400 isnt a bad deal with it being an 03 amd the guy says he has the title ready to b transfered!

@Awk - Yea im pretty sure theres prolly more wrong with it than just carb issues lol and just so im sure compression should b no less than 125psi to be good??? Though he said his dad said the top end was just redone right before he got the bike last xmas, I asked if he had paperwork for it an if he knew if it was broke in correctly? No paper but his dad had to be careful and not go fast for a awhile was what he said....... Still not the perfect answer so il just check the compression!

@xjma - Sorry buddy I will taking that bumper an putting it on the boyfriends blasty, thats the style he has been wanting lol an will b replacing with a Blingstar Iron cross :) my sister likes that one :)

Thanks for the help, is there anything else besides the wiggle test and such as Awk said, I need to check while looking it over?? Is there a certain spot in the frame thats easily bent or broken, so I can look for rewelds and such??

bottom frame right behind the rear lower a-arm mounts, where the frame starts to widen, bent 2 there myself
standing it on its assend to compare the 2 sides is the best way

Check all your engine mounts, especially the front one. People say they are sturdy, but they WILL crack if the engine gets loose. I've welded up two already and I know there are more broken ones out there. Same goes for the rear subframe, near the grab bar mounts.

Pick up the front end of the quad and check for slop in the A-arm bushings. Same with the swingarm bushings. Try the brakes. Do they lock the wheels when you're just trying to push the quad back and forth? They should..

Other than that, just do a comp test (120 psi + is fine. 100psi or below indicates problems).

Good luck!

Ok thanks guys! He also said he doesnt have the key to start it either, thats not hard to fix, right? I can eliminate the key start all together so it just a kick start? An is it a quick fix? What will I need to do it?

no key + low price = stolen ?????
another reason for you not to try and start it ????
just disconnect the wires under the hood going to the key to eliminate it
is this for sale near a long john silvers ??? cause i smell fish

Lol I thought so too about it being stolen Awk but he says he has a title for it....... I will be sure to compare VINs on both the frame and the actual title to be sure!! If he has the title for it and the VINs are a perfect match, is it possible for it to still be stolen??????

somehow i knew you were gonna be up, and respond to this
i'd say if he has the title, and #'s match, all is good

Lol ok good, and come on Awk, I work 2nd shift...... Thanks for the help :)

i knew there was a reason, whats my excuse for these wee early hours ???

Noobs beat me to it! We know what Joe's doing!!!!! wink wink!! Poor Helen!

I agree with all that is a great deal!

i actually have my alarm set for 4:30am all during archery season, i get up, if it's not raining hard or hurricane style wind gusts as today, i hunt
if no hunt, i jump on here to get my old ass busted by some young wippersnappers
aaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa, life is good

sorry for the thread jack sonia, but you got your answer well above