PWK carb help

Southernblasty

Feb 27, 2013
Mississippi
So I have a blaster with a vitos big bore, 3mil stroker, dune ported, dyno port exhaust, vf3 reeds, with a PWK 35mm air striker carb and this thing will not idle. I have the idle cranked all the way up and have tried every jet between 35 and 60 and it does nothing and the air screw does very little. I'm thinking I may need a different slide for it. Does anyone else have any experience with these carbs on blastys?

Inspect the slide, there is a possibility that the adjusting screw has worn the bottom edge and is not lifting.

Check to see if the slide lifts when the screw is turned.

If the slide is lifting there could be some crap in the pilot passage.

Are the reeds sealing properly?

The reeds are brand new. I've had this carb for a year now and I bought it brand new and it's always done this. But I'll take it apart and do a good cleaning on it but I can't help but feel like it's something more than that tho

I ran a 45 with a pipe and a ported motor, 48-50 sounds good is the motor leak tight ?
Also float height as mentioned needs checked

I ran a 45 with a pipe and a ported motor, 48-50 sounds good is the motor leak tight ?
Also float height as mentioned needs checked

I think that slide may be your issue. It probably has really rich symptoms. I had a number 5 slide in mine and it kicked my ass for a couple months before I figured it out. The slides are around 70 bucks:eek:.I would call carb parts warehouse they will be able to get you really close. That's who told me I had the wrong slide and I ordered one through them.

So I cleaned to carb yesterday and checked the float height and it was good so I put the carb back on and tried it again and it's still doing the same thing. So I talked to carb parts warehouse and I have a #6 slide on the way. I'll let u guys know if that fixes it when it gets here

So I cleaned to carb yesterday and checked the float height and it was good so I put the carb back on and tried it again and it's still doing the same thing. So I talked to carb parts warehouse and I have a #6 slide on the way. I'll let u guys know if that fixes it when it gets here

That #6 slide will make all the difference in the world. Believe me I've been through it.