Powder Coating

djack12

Jun 4, 2008
California
www.blasterforum.com
Well i finally got my powder coating gun today. I already have an oven, and a booth. When i get the hang of it I will be more then happy to PC items for members. i will not charge that much (powder and shipping) keep in mind i only have a home oven, so frames will not fit. heres a pic of the new gun.

DSC01950.jpg

Awesome Dave ! ! Need to see some pics of things you are coating ! ! Now you can teach me how to do it !

damn yo thats sick. i could use my hubs n little sh*t painted :)

um let me figure out my system, and ill get them dont for youl. all im gonna ask for is cost of powder and shipping. maybe a tiny bit more. or you could send me the powder you want the items done in.

Awesome Dave ! ! Need to see some pics of things you are coating ! ! Now you can teach me how to do it !

i dont think so. ill still ask you questions. i think my first project is going to be my bumper. im gonna go to a local PC Shop tuesday and try and get some black...unless you really wanted to send me some.

then why the truck is pc'ing so expensive if the guns that much and then you got a good size oven, then you may have a sand blaster. big whoop.

Prep work, powder is not real cheap, time/labor, many powders need base coats, or clear coats... Lot of variables to consider.

The next gun I will be buying is about $800, and that expense is going to be payed for by the work I do, so I cannot do work for free so I can pay for upgrades.

SWEET! I might get one. thanks

Keep in mind there is alot more to it than just buying a PC gun, and going at it... You need a dedicated oven because once you PC in it you cannot use it for food anymore. there are alot more expenses involved as well.

You can use a normal oven. Bigger jobs require bigger ovens though, but a normal oven should be able to do all jobs as big as things like swingarms, and such.

whats wrong with your bumper what color do you want? here is about a min of what i would say you need to start PCing.

Dedicated oven
PC Gun
Air Compressor
Booth (Not Required, but recomended)
moisture seperator
gloves and mask
air regulator
powders (duh)
high temp paint
wire to hang items
a way to clean and prep (sand blaster, or paint stripper)

if you look around you can find a free oven, and build a booth. then you need a place that has 220V for the oven and a large area to do it.

if you have questions you can ask me or timsyfz. he knows more then me.

ok so member as in supporting member or just a member of this site? cause i wanna p'c all my shocks

Well I hear the harbor freight gun is more like holding an electric fence.

Not knocking your gun man, just make sure you're grounded or you'll learn the true meaning to "Ride the lightning"
I may be getting one myself when I get my shop built
Good luck man. cant wait to see some work

Well I hear the harbor freight gun is more like holding an electric fence.

Not knocking your gun man, just make sure you're grounded or you'll learn the true meaning to "Ride the lightning"
I may be getting one myself when I get my shop built
Good luck man. cant wait to see some work

lol that would not be good..