Possible Rebuild Knocking Noise ???

Blaster89

Apr 3, 2008
Northeast, PA
Hey this is my first thread so hear it goes. I bought a 89 blaster a couple of weeks ago and I just started to notice a faint knocking sound. It still runs fine but its scarring me. Just wonderin if this means I need a rebuild or what??? thanks

could be possible piston slap from wearing piston or worn crank rod..best thing to do is just pull the head off and check it all out...has it ever been rebuilt or anything? because it is a 89!

If you are new to these quads there is a faint knocking when they run or any air cooled 2 stroke. Do some searchin' on youtube hear some Blasters and see if yours sounds the same.

yeah mine has a faint knocking sound but i think its geting louder and louder ever time i ride. ill prolly pull my motor apart and see if i see any thing wrong lol
.. hey blaster89 where u at in PA jw ..

Thanks for eberything guys, i was just riding the other day and my gas cable busted so I can't ride so I'm goin to take everything apart and clean/see wats goin on with the motor. And I live just below the border of NY in friendsville, PA