Plastic Washers on Jet Needle

jdublaster00

Aug 30, 2010
Hello to all. I just took my carb apart on my 2000 blaster because it was pissing gas. I bought a rebuild kit and I am in process of cleaning it then I will put it back together. My question is this:

There are 2 small plastic washers which go on the jet needle before you put the jet needle back into the throttle valve. after I set the c-clip on the correct notch on the jet needle, do I put one plastic washer on each side of the c-clip on the jet needle? Or do both of the plastic washers get sandwiched between the bottom of the c-clip and the throttle valve?

Sorry for such a detailed question, but one of the plastic washers was hanging out on the jet needle and the other just sitting near the seat on top of the throttle valve and I didn't know where to put it when I reassemble!

Thanks

if you think about it the spacer are moving your needle up and down, i've seen were people sure shims (like you little plastic spacer) to move inbetween clip settings, no to most people this isn't practical, on ice drag sleds it is, i've also seen were people forget em and it will make a difference on your jetting