piston bore size???

calholli

Oct 16, 2009
Enid, Ok
piston says 3209A, but I can't find anything about it on google, ebay, ect..... the bore of my cylinder is nearly 67mm.. the bore on the piston is right at 66mm... so what size do I order from ebay, do they go by the piston or the cylinder???? I ordered a 72.5 big bore before, and they sent me a 72.44mm piston.. so I'm assuming you order by the cylinder size and they give you the correct piston. but IDK, cus a few dune trips later, that bb piston busted the skirts (and the cylinder sleeve skirts)... and I don't want that to happen again.. please help.

side note< ... can I re-sleeve my bb?? how much?? (otherwise I'm just gonna order this smaller piston.)

I cleaned the top of my piston and found some more numbers... 573m0??75 .... looks like a 6 then I can't read the second question mark, they're gone.. but searching I found mo6675 and it says its .030 over.. this is likely my piston, but what is stock?? any help would be great. thanks.

You always go off of the cylinder. When a piston gets extremely hot they can shrink when they cool. They can change an a few other ways also. The cylinder can change but it will be very little at worst. Give someone your cylinder size and they will give you a piston, cylinder work may still need to be done, they will tell you ( make sure you ask). I think cast and forged piston are clearenced differently. Buy a forged piston, they are well worth the extra money imo.