Pics finally.

skillet

I picked up my 1998 Blaster tonight. Fired right up at the guys house, but now wont idle at all???? I think plug may be fouled out b/c he was running 60:1??

But it ran great 2 days ago on a dead cold start. anyhow, it runs fine, just gotta work to keep it running. it does have a big bore kit. oil injection failed and when the motor was rebuilt, the owner went with the big bore kit, and removed oil injection as well. also, the rear caliper locked up so I only have front brakes since the rear was removed.

I'll have my new wheels and tires on tomorrow along with taking the plastic off to pressure wash everything and get it looking as tip-top as possible!

I ended up with

10x5 ITP T-9 Front
10x8 ITP T-9 Rear
ITP Holeshot 21x7/10 Front
ITP Holeshot 20x11/10

I'll end up with another pair of rears so I can put some smaller tires on and be able to swap out if i decide to take it to a local track or to the trails..

Pipe and silencer to follow after nerfs/bumper and grab.

I suck at taking pics...

PICS!

002-8.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the injector has been removed. I'd also remove the tors unit with a tors eliminator kit or upgrade with a 28mm carb and if the guys mixing the oil at 60:1 thats too lean. It should be 32:1

I've pre-mixed 40:1 for tomorrow 93 octane and Spectro Synthetic (What was recommended at local shop by a guy thats built a few)

Should I drain the tank and put a new plug in? What is TORS?

looks good.. i also got akiller deal on my 2001 running riding quad with some work done i paid 700 for mine.. go hit up the do it your self section and go to the tors. throttle over ride system.. even though most people will tell you if its not giving you problems just leave it.. mines still on and no probs yet.. and as far as fuel mix.. 32-1 is a good mix.. will keep ya safe but wont rob much power

I havent tried the plug, but with the mixture the guy has in the tank, its way too lean to just throw a plug in ya know? I dont want to put a plug in and then it lean out and eat that plug too. I think I probably need to drain the tank, refil it and put a new plug in. its 10:20 over here so my work is done for the night.

plug type BR8ES? I'll get more into it tomorrow. I think the plug is dusted from him running 62:1 mixture.

It was idling fine 2 days ago, and tonight it just wouldnt have it... I'll fiddle with it tomorrow. could be something as simple as the choke being out or whatknot.