Pennsylvania riders?

im planning on riding asmuch as i can this summer and i wanna try new places so aslong as its warm and i dont have to register my quad for it im down..let me know..

WELL I have 160 acre farm with 2 small tracks with jumps, a bunch of trails along the moncacy river(it runs thro my yard ) and a bunch of hill climbs , i also have a place that we can ride along the train traks for 35 miles and theres jumps trails all kinds of fun sh*t

cant this weekend i got eye surgery the 20 so i dont think it would be safe to ride 1 eyed lol i will get back to you here maybe tonight with dates i could do it..

I'm from the harrisburg/gettysburg/york area. We need some more damn riding down this way. Closest places to ride around here that I know of are breezewood, tower city (requires membership) and rausch creek (getting expensive as hell). Those are all still 90 minutes away or more.

so you have heard of tower city or rasuch creek now! were going in two weeks!

Yeah, I'm very familiar with both of those. I had a membership at tower city years ago, like 4-5 years ago, and have only been back once since then, that was about a year ago. Their trails really aren't what they used to be. Membership price went way up too, used to be like $175 per year, now it's $300 for less land with rougher trails.

I like rausch creek, but that's getting crazy expensive too. I remember not too long ago when I could go to rausch creek and ride all day for like $30, or $20 with a discount for having a tower city membership. Now you're lucky to ride for $65 a day and they want to collect for insurance one a year and all that other crap. I used to go to rausch about once a month back when I had my honda recon, that was a few years ago. Ever since I sold that thing I was back one time, with my warrior. The place is still nice, but it seems like they're pushing the quad riders away a little bit, turning some of the tracks into 2 wheels only. The cool part of rausch is that it has trails and tracks, and last time I was there they had just put in a TT course which was pretty fun.

Either this weekend or next weekend me and a couple buddies are going to head out to Breezewood proving grounds and check that out. It's a little bit more of a drive, but the cost to ride is less expensive, and their tracks are all open to both atv and bike.

Man, it's been getting really expensive to ride lately, huh? Stack the higher costs to get into a place to ride, the reduction of places TO ride (bigger crowds to get in yer way) higher fuel costs (that's the big one) and now instead of riding a stock honda recon that is totally indestructible and requires virtually no maintenance, i've got one of the most expensive sport quads on the market... which i've spent $700 in aftermarket parts for in less than a month. And I still gotta spend at least another $800 to get exhaust and intake for it.

Damn, i gotta slow down with this crap before I go broke.

Did any of you guys ever ride at Paragon? I'll tell you what, that place was tits. I didn't realize how good we had it there until it was gone. Friggin greedy land owners.

But Paragon was SO awesome. Huge play area with lots of hill climbs and an imfamous mud pit that could eat an entire lifted jeep alive. Over 5,000 acres covered with very nice trails in one of the most beautiful places on this side of the country. Plus camping for $5 a night, and it was cheap to ride, and it was open to trucks, jeeps, buggies, and rock crawlers in addition to quads and bikes. I miss that place so much I wanna cry. Seriously, I think there's a tear in my beer now.

Let me know how Tower city (rasuch creek trail riders as it's called now) is when you go. Maybe it's improved since I was there last. I'm still thinking about getting a membership there again because of how close it is. At least for a year, hopefully Paragon's owners will get this deal straightened out and either reclaim their old place, or open up a new one.

Last edited:
Nick,
I'm from Hazleton and have a few riding areas up my sleeve. When we have our big ride I will let you know.

Also we are planning a trip to Irish valley here in the near future..still trying to get all the quads built before the season hits. if anyone is interested in meeting us at irish Vally let me know and we'll plan something.