out of control revving

89blaster89

Aug 26, 2011
Pacific northwest, washington
when i put on my 28mm mikuni roundslide, i started it up and it started revving really high, i checked it out and it was that the slide wasent going all the way down, is there anyway i can fix this so i can run the carb with no problems? all the idle adjusting screws were adjusted all the way in

Last edited:
If you have adjusted the cable to release as much slack as it can and it still doesn't work then it's time for a new cable.

when i put on my 28mm mikuni roundslide, i started it up and it started revving really high, i checked it out and it was that the slide wasent going all the way down, is there anyway i can fix this so i can run the carb with no problems? all the screws were adjusted all the way in

I know this might sound dumb, but if ALL the screws are adjusted all the way in it will probably idle high. How many turns out is the air screw? Was the idle screw all the way in?

Take off the air filter tube and double check to see if the slide is going all the way down in the carb body.

If there is a brass screw midway down the body it may need turning out to allow the slide to drop more.

Is the carb fitting well into the boot , could there be an air leak?

Also check the boot between the carb and the engine for an air leak. Edit: I just realized Blaaster already said this 8-|