Oil Level Gauge|Sensor Removal???

B

bmelzow

I just installed a oil block off kit on my 94 blaster. When removing the reservoir there is a part that dows down into the reservoir that I assume is the oil level gauge. Does anyone know what I should do with it and the wires going to it? The instructions that I have found for installing the block off kits do not mention this part. Is it OK to just unplug?

Also, assuming that it is a oil level gauge what is the purpose of it. Does it sound an alarm or cutoff the engine when the level is low.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

it is the sensor and i belive it kills the engine once it detectes no oil, just unplug it right along the frame and it will be fine!

what it is, is your 2 stroke oil indicator light, on a stock bike on your key switch box there, there is a little red light that will come on to let you know when you are low on 2 stroke oil so you do not blow up your motor, either way yea just unplug it and rip that beauty offa there,

Thanks for the prompt replies. On my blaster I do not think that there is a warning light but I'll doublecheck tonight.

As you said I ripped it outta there. :)

Billy