oil injection?

daniel3877

Sep 17, 2007
upstate new york
so im thinking of blocking off my oil injection on my 04 blaster, ive been looking at kits and it appears that i will pay 30 dollars for a little silver plate that i could make my self and a gasket...my question is :should i invest in a kit ...or attempt to just use my gasket i already have on it and cut out alittle plat? and also is it worth doing away with the oil injection?

I dont know how well versed you are with fabrication, but if your not bad, then i dont see why you couldnt make it yourself. Theres not to much too it.

And yes, by all means get rid of that stupid system

Just so happens, i have my clutch cover off my motor right now, and i have a block off plate on mine. If you need any measurements, i could take them for you with mine, or snap any pics.

No problem. The reason i say get rid of the injection system, is
A. you cant adjust the mixture.
B. if it fails, You go booom. Happened to my blaster b4 i bought it, thats why it came with a new motor on it.

i'll grab it off there in the next couple days and take some measures for ya.

i say keep the system!! why do something when it does it for you

cuz you can't adjust your mixture, and overtime, if you do a sh*tload of mods, it could be too rich of a mixture, an they also have a bad reputation for failing on people..and then... guess what 1.) you go boom 2.) you just f*cked up ur motor, possibly bend ur rod... etc...

yeah because the oil pump has a plastic gear that shreds into pieces and goes into the motor and cause damage over time

dam i dont like 2 strokes anymore to much work!!!!!!!! and how to do adjust the mixture to like 32:1 i find that to be a good mixture

dam i dont like 2 strokes anymore to much work!!!!!!!! and how to do adjust the mixture to like 32:1 i find that to be a good mixture

You think 2 strokes are to much work? Try rebuilding a big 4 stroke, takes a lot more time and a hell of a lot more cash. Yes 32:1 is a good mixture.