Noise ordinance?

Racer X

Jan 10, 2009
Virginia
So i talked to my neighbor that lives about a 1/4 mile past me and in the conversation the Blaster came up and he kinda joked and asked when i was getting an exhaust for it because it was kinda loud. well the time that he did hear it running the exhaust (DG pipe DG stands for dont get) was still attached. So my ? is is there a noise ordinance for quads? i know that most of the silencers for pipes are usually around 96db? not sure of how loud that is. dont want to get a Toomey (videos of it on youtube sound far from quiet) and piss the guy off but i do have a right to ride on my property and i never ride after dark (chickenshit ill hit something lol). any ideas my Blaster brethren? (and sisteren too =)))

on legal trails we hit em round 7 or 8 and no one cares..normally at my house i wait till at least 10 so our nieghbors dont hate us more than they already do

Like sparky said, you'd have to check with your county or city to find out weather you have a noise ordinance in your area

Persicely! I'm ditching my sh*t for a four poke. (yz250f) eventually. I'll be getting a drd exhaust and thats it. (and damn, those things are effing loud)

my boss has a motocross track at his house in fenton, mi...hes on 10.5 acres and his neighbors call the cops on us all the time.....but lucky for us there isnt a noise limit out there...and the cops just come out to watch and bullshit...but i know in the northeastern part of michigan i got pulled over for having a "loud bike" (when i had my cr 250) and there is a db level of i believe its 96...and the bastard had a db meter so i was lucky and it was right @ 96

here its 7 am and 10 pm, i live in the city and ride my quads in my driveway and small back yard ( big enough to turn around) and occasionally down the street, no problems yet, hell when ihad my 200x i hooked the sled to it and pulled my fiancee and son around the block, most ppl just smiled and laughed

yea im living in the county and im sure there's prolly not an ordinance but i was just wondering maybe someone knew of some "unwritten" law that was like a standard or something. and i dont want to give the guy the finger im the new guy in the neighborhood and the other 2 neighbors have more local cop pull if you get my drift but i doubt itll be a problem as long as its kept within reason. kinda sucks though wish he was cooler with it bcuz he has over 60 acres with his property while i only have 10 :-D

when we moved to our neighborhood, the guy 2 houses down was rippin up the street on his sons kx80, tuining it or somethin. his kid does the netra races. i wanna say he's like 9 or 10. then the guy across from him was working on his daughters go-kart tearing that up the street. no noise complaints from them.

we also have the people next door whose dog barks all hours of the night, so no complaints from them either