no spark

• Thread starter inky400ex/blaster
  • Start date
I

inky400ex/blaster

:(wHaT is to be assumed when a blaster is running laps one minute and doesn't run for the rest of the day and later investigation proves it to have no spark. I just picked up a 99 blaster that doesn't run! i've seen this thing go and its great, so far the former owner expected the coil to have gone bad, Turns out its not the coil now he said the wires were checked thuroughly and that it must be the generator. I plan on looking over this thing again make sure he didn't miss any grounds or something. I don't believe it could be the
generator but if thats something common then please somebody let me know, along with other possibilities. I WANNA HEAR THIS thing SCREAM!

I have the same problem......i checked all my wires they all seem to be fine an in place i eliminated my TORS properly an checked the wires once more im not gettin any spark either.....only other thing it could be is a faulty kill switch or the stator coil

is it getting fuel? is there compression? did u change the spark plug? and clean the carbuerator just to prevent a farther promblem

Hahahaha i would get the firing problem fixed first before i worried with making sure my fuel was on an fresh....lol just me though!!!

Everything has been done its narrowed down to not having spark. The stator coil? is that in the magneto side i dont have head lights.

I have the same problem......i checked all my wires they all seem to be fine an in place i eliminated my TORS properly an checked the wires once more im not gettin any spark either.....only other thing it could be is a faulty kill switch or the stator coil

I agree with you on the stator coil.
Another thing he may want to check is the CDI

yeah it might be your coil i have had the same time problem on both of my blaster

come on guys do some searches first. :) Ive posted on how to trouble shoot your coils a while back.

No spark is one of the most asked questions.

thanx, i'll have updates as soon as i get somewhere with his thing

randelator is correct on his response.. B-)
i had the same deal happen to my blaster.. ran fine one day, next day it wouldnt fire... i had lights when i kicked it over... but that proved absolutely nothing except that my lighting coil was good. long story short, it was my stator (the ignition coil part of it) unless you happen to have a known good one lying around, or just wanna buy a new one ($$$) please take resistance measurements and that will narrow down your problem I:I

spark

thanx alot for the help i was just working on the blaster and replaced the charge coil started to get spark there for a minute and now nothing! the spark was weak and my next guess was the cdi box, and now that i'm back here i'm seeing you guys added to the thread. next step; cdi replacement- powersedge.com is great for oem parts!!

I'm having same problems.....mine won't get spark electrical tests show that the pulser coil is low ohms... so i changed it shows same test on ohms and so does a friends blaster. I checked ignition coild by way of yamaha manual specs and its fine

head light doesn't come on with a kick but oil light does flah any ideas??

sorry to highjack thread.