no full throttle in 4th

bigjohn1895

May 17, 2013
he all i have an issue that i thought was a gas thing but i tried 2 new gas stations and still have the problem

so i have a 96 blaster with stock resleaved cylinder dg pipe and silencer
not sure on the jets but i can check tomorrow the carb just got rebuilt
and there are no air leaks and the reeds are good

what is happening is when i go through the gears its all good till i hit fourth
then it falls on its face like the gas is not making it to the cylinder if i let off
to 3/4 throttle it takes off like a rocket but i go to full and it still acts up till right before i need to shift and repeat for 5th but its ok for 6th

the wife says it has to run good before i give it gack to her and fix mine so i hope you guys have an idea

he all i have an issue that i thought was a gas thing but i tried 2 new gas stations and still have the problem

then it falls on its face like the gas is not making it to the cylinder if i let off
to 3/4 throttle it takes off like a rocket but i go to full and it still acts up till right before i need to shift and repeat for 5th but its ok for 6th

the wife says it has to run good before i give it gack to her and fix mine so i hope you guys have an idea

Here may lie the problem, check the jets and plug chop.

I am having the same problem. i can only get a top speed of 46mph.... i also have a 14 tooth sprocket. It falls flat on its face in 5th gear. My jets are 170 main and a 48 pilot. My mods are: Lrd exhaust, custom intake with knn filter. bored .30 over, oko 30mm carb, a polish job and kevlar 3 reed. I had a 155 main and it did the same thing. It screams 1 through 4 at WOT. Please help cause i cant figure it out for the life of me.

would being too rich cause this?? my plug chop on a b9es was a dark ring and chocolate brown everything else. that was the 170 and obviously rich. the 155 was a light brown and dark ring. I run 40:1 fuel. The bike just shuts down.

The b9es will stuff up the smoke ring reading as it is the wrong heat range, you should use b8es.

32:1 or more oil is the norm for motors of 200cc and jetting advice on BF is based on that fact.

It could pay to plug chop the needle at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.

I fixed my issue. I adjusted the floats to where my carb will drip a little bit (couple drips an hour). Right on the edge. i had a fuel filter in my fuel line that i removed and installed a bigger fuel line. Now it screams. I just have to go down in the pilot a little and going up on the main. I did a plug chop on a b8es and its got a dark ring, white porcelain, and real light brown tip.

Most guys ask for help on here but never really post the fix. I had to dig deep to even think that it was that inline fuel filter.

I fixed my issue. I adjusted the floats to where my carb will drip a little bit (couple drips an hour). Right on the edge. i had a fuel filter in my fuel line that i removed and installed a bigger fuel line. Now it screams. I just have to go down in the pilot a little and going up on the main. I did a plug chop on a b8es and its got a dark ring, white porcelain, and real light brown tip.

Most guys ask for help on here but never really post the fix. I had to dig deep to even think that it was that inline fuel filter.

It may run better now, but you are just masking a problem with your float level. You need your float level to be within spec. Only then can you start the jetting process.

Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system, otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.

A 32.5 pilot is the correct jet to use.