New to the forums and the Blaster!

Euphoria717

Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hi.....new here, from Pittsburgh. I just purchased my first quad, its an 02 Blaster, bought it from someone who was hurting for money and had to sell it cheap. I bought it for $400 and it runs great. I was told the motor is bored 40 over, and it has an FMF Powercore 2 muffler, the motor has less than 10 hours on it since rebuild. It looks in pretty good shape. I really just want to find out things I should know about, how to maintain it properly, things to look out for, good upgrades and such. Im looking forward to having some fun with it, but want to take care of it first. its always nerve racking to buy something used that you don't know much about. any hints, tips, or general info about it would be extremely helpful. Here are some pics of it....i think i got a pretty good deal on it.

imagejpeg_2-1.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

Welcome, and a pretty good looking bike.

There is so much info you can glean from the stickies.

Anything specific you need to know, just ask.

Welcome fellow Burgher! Good deal for $400!

If it's not pre-mix , that would be my first thing done! however i don't see an oil tank! Along with disconecting the TORS stuff, that will save ya more trouble down the road! If you need a hand figuring anything out or wrenching, hit me up in PM! I live about a mile from kennywood, you can see it from my backyard!

Where do ya ride?

Well i just picked it up on Sunday, so i havent had a chance to ride it much, up and down my street for a few minutes is it. I live out in Oakdale, by Robinson Township. My mom has some pretty cool places to ride out at her house in Kittanning, lots of dirt roads and miles of trails, so ill probably be doing a lot of riding out that way.

Well i just picked it up on Sunday, so i havent had a chance to ride it much, up and down my street for a few minutes is it. I live out in Oakdale, by Robinson Township. My mom has some pretty cool places to ride out at her house in Kittanning, lots of dirt roads and miles of trails, so ill probably be doing a lot of riding out that way.

I use to hunt out there in Oakdale! Sweet well like i said if ya ever need a hand with something toss me a PM! I:I

welcome fellow PA. bro,

first thing i'd do is check what main jet is in it, very possible they left the stock main in it when adding the fmf pipe, hence the meltdown, report your findings to us
stock is a 230, you should have around a 270 main.
and get with slickerthanyou to do a leakdown test

Welcome man clean blasty for 400 bucks like awk said i would check the jetting you probally need a 280 or 290 main jet...plug chop will let you know for sure

It also has fmf exhaust the axle may have spacers it looks wider in the rear it had a newer style hood and it has nerf bars and aftermarket rear tires tht might be a 400ex shock show some more pics of it the bottem of it does not look like the stock yamaha shock the adjuatment i mean and tht is a real nice bike for tht price did u get a title??

Welcome to the forums! The stickies will tell you how to take care of that blaster and let it live a long healthy life

yes i did get a title with it, I'll go out and snap some more pictures of it now....also, I dont know how to check the jetting...lol, how do I check it?

yes i did get a title with it, I'll go out and snap some more pictures of it now....also, I dont know how to check the jetting...lol, how do I check it?

take the carb off, take the four screws off the bowl, use a 6mm socket or nut driver to unscrew the main, be careful of the little washer that the main jets seats to don't loose it!