New to blasters

Hmdboi219

Aug 5, 2024
Indiana
I have a 96 Yamaha blaster, i recently bought it and it’s pretty much all stock I believe, I know it still has oil injection pump, stock carb with tors. The only thing I see that has been changed was the pipe on the back it’s a dg pipe, I don’t know if they re jetted the carb or not. For some reason first and second gear and third are really short. I recently put a new clutch in it and new wet clutch oil, new spark plug, new boyesen pro series reeds with stock blaster reed cage.

Attachments

• 219AF767-455C-4505-BB3B-72DF8F638B7C.jpeg
    219AF767-455C-4505-BB3B-72DF8F638B7C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
Welcome aboard.

Yeah, looks to be a stock pipe, you shouldn't need to re-jet with just a silencer, and not likely with the reeds either. Nice looking '96 👍🏼

I have a 96 Yamaha blaster, i recently bought it and it’s pretty much all stock I believe, I know it still has oil injection pump, stock carb with tors. The only thing I see that has been changed was the pipe on the back it’s a dg pipe, I don’t know if they re jetted the carb or not. For some reason first and second gear and third are really short. I recently put a new clutch in it and new wet clutch oil, new spark plug, new boyesen pro series reeds with stock blaster reed cage.
The blasters require shifting a lot, from my very short time of owning one. You could count your sprocket teeth. I think stock is 42 tooth rear and 13 tooth front drive sprocket. Don’t quote me on that.

I don’t think you need to rejet for aftermarket silencer, but for an entire new pipe you would.

Also, from what I’ve seen, you should look into deleting TORS, they sell kits. It can cause headaches; although I personally have never dealt with tors

You shouldn’t need to rejet; this is assuming it has a stock 230 main and a 32.5 pilot in it the way it sits. But, always plug chop to confirm the main jet is correct

I’m very new to these machines as well but this is just some info I’ve picked up along the way so far

Good luck!

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r