New guy..Need some help with Blaster

T

Tieds

I just purchased a 1997 Blaster. It has a 240 Big Bore Kit New Piston,Rings and sleeve that was just put in but they guy messed up the gasket and didn't get a good seal and couldn't get bike started. I replaced the seal has plenty of compresion and no more hissing sound. It also has K&N Air Filter, V-Force reeds , V-Vorce reed cage ported and polished 3mm hot rod crank Full FMF fatty exhaust and 34mm Keihn carb. A bunch of other mods but they aren't relevant to my troubles.I had it running for a few minutes it sounded rough and was idleing way to high!!and then stalled out and havn't been able to get it started since. When I kick it it back fires now and just won't turn over. I took it to a local shop the guy called me today and told me he thinks that its the carb and that I should go back to stock carb. Does that make any sense? anyone have any suggestions?
I am glad I found this sight and Thanks in advance.
When I get it back from the shop I'll put some pics up.
Thanks Again
Tieds

mebey your jets are off or should set them up or down but i would say down and your needle for the throtle could be stuck open to mebey its bent but i would say new plug run ngk only and a new air filter mebey and check out that carb you should be all set

the keihin u have is good, stock carb will make it worse. check your jets it hink they may be too lean, also what color is ur spark plug? are u premixing if the oil injection is blocked off?

The reeds looked good and an jets were clean. I put new plug in it and its a premix 32:1 with 93 octane gas. I did notice its getting a way to much fuel.. I think. Thanks for the help.