New Guy from NJ!

From what I hear it's very hard. You must wait for Harrisburg which takes a loooong time.

i've heard you take the vin # and if you have any paperwork (bill of sale or title)
to the PA DCNR, they run the last known owner and send him a letter, if he doesn't respond within a certain time period (2 weeks ? IIRC) that it is not stolen, then they issue you a new title in your name ?

i've heard you take the vin # and if you have any paperwork (bill of sale or title)
to the PA DCNR, they run the last known owner and send him a letter, if he doesn't respond within a certain time period (2 weeks ? IIRC) that it is not stolen, then they issue you a new title in your name ?

I've heard a few different ways. My dad being a former philly cop said you have to sign a bunch of paper work, and wait forever from Harrisburg. He says it's not worth. I've also heard they give you a recovery or salvage title. Thinking about it now I'm gonna walk down to the tag place and ask them tomorrow. Trying to talk to the people in Harrisburg is a disaster as my mom needed something with the car title and they just kept transferring her because they were clueless lol.

sooo today I went to the dmv. I wasn't expecting what I got told lol.

So I gave her a bill of sale saying my friend sold it to me blah blah, no papers from original owner or any owner for that matter. She was pretty much like oh damn your going to have to call the dmv headquarters and claim it as an abandoned vehicle.

I asked her to run the vin to see what comes up and either im lucky or not nothing came up.

So that leads me to one conclusion and that is that no one ever registered it to begin with.

Hopefully claiming that I found it abandoned and rebuilt it will work.