new front shoes

Awk08

Search Pretty Womans from your city for night
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
Usa
well, for you guys who were at the "awks wild ride II", you may have noticed the very poor condition of my front itp .125 rims and pure sport bandit tires after the ride.... WRECKED !!!!!!!!! i'll get pics later, very surprising they're even still holding any air, i didnt know this complete set of bandits i bought last year was on itp .125 rims, the tires are stronger than the rims, and the 6 ply rears bend the rims every ride out, without the rim even hitting any rocks, they have no business being on awk mountain, or on my bike if they cant take the abuse, shame i destroyed them before i could sell them
my sons banshee, rolled lip rims(strogest rims ever) and razr's are stayin on the back of my bike, he'll get new tires on my old stock rims

i had front bandits on my '96, and again on this bike, i just luv how they handle, zero roll over, and last forever !!!!!
so i just had to have these, the price was right........................
2006 YAMAHA YFZ450 FRONT RIMS AND TIRES SN926 YFZ 450 - eBay (item 350412924748 end time Nov-17-10 06:31:58 PST)

anyone have any thoghts or experience on 22" fronts ??????

i will be able to even out the hieght with shock mount location when i do my extended rear swinger over the winter teardown

Last edited by a moderator:
just remembered, i will be relocating the asr +3 a-arm shock mounts to accept the
16"+ yfz works triple rates now on my sons bike, so i will be able to adjust for the extra height of the 22" tires if needed
but still open for suggestions/experiences with 22" fronts

I run 21's on both of my blasty's so I would think 22's would be just right for what you are looking for.Give you a little more ground clearance without looking out of place on the machine.Good price for the set and hope these rims stay together for a bit longer.lol If they do the tires should last for quite awhile.

Last edited:
just what i needed to know, thanx bro !!!!!!!!!

i have seen someone on here that has bigger than usual front tires, and i kinda like the look, i run 20" rears, so these shouldnt look any different than when guys run 18's on the back with 20/21's up front

Heres the bike I was talking about...

2006%5C01%5C19%5Cbikepics-504714-full.jpg

Sorry its a huge pic..

/\/\/\/\ yeah !!!!! i luv that look

/\/\/\ nice first post !!!!!

i have "works" dual rates on mine now, but trading out for my sons "works" triple rate yfz length to go with my asr +3 arms
works shocks, first thing i do to every blaster i've owned, elkas would be nice though