New carb or bigger jet

Noyzboyz

Dec 14, 2014
Long Island, NY
I have a 06 blaster with toomey exhaust vitos 240 kit vf4 reeds open air box 14-40 sproket tors electric removed and about to put a +3 vitos stroker kit in. The kit came with a 380 jet, will the stock carb be able to keep up with these mods. Also if I keep the stock cab should I remove the tors off the top of e carb and ad the idle screw
Thanks
Mike

The stock carb will operate fine withyour mods, but a larger carb will
Be even better performance, if your willing to spend the money, an have the knowledge to properly tune. I would recommend a legit keihin pwk 28mm, an if you want another add ed kick have it bored to a 30mm. Im my opinion the pwk 28 bored to 30 or not, is the best carb for a woods riden blaster,

I run a pj34 on my trail blaster. Has porting, re chambered head, and trinity pipe. It seemed kinda overkill at first, but it has a decent amount of power on the bottom, and screams like a wild animal in the mid/top end

Reactions: Awk08
I like my huge bottom end grunt, my blaster has never seen 5th or 6th gear in the woods, no room.

Its not a matter of what the carb will handle, but it becomes a cork, it will run an run great, but the same engine will run better with bigger carb.

So if i went to a bigger carb, what size would be a good blend of lower mid and high end power. Also what other mods can be done to the blaster. Forgot to add I have an adjustable timing plate and Kor lightened flywheel. Thanks for the input

The pwk is the best decision, if you want to retain the low end. I use the pwk on my bikes, an i use them for all the local guys I built stuff for. Its great carb, better design then the old school round slide mikuni, an its easy to tune as well.