My thoughts on the 250r

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
Hey Blaster bros! i know a couple of members have pm'd me asking about how i like my 250r. Well power is way more stronger then a blaster but not as strong as a piped banshee. Puts a 400ex to shame as well as a predator 500. The only problem im finding is that to make a solid running R takes a wack of money! Curruntly mine is in need of a top end and im thinking about going with the ct racing 310 kit. that includes pipe, vf3 reeds, 310 top end with piston and gaskets, carb etc... its $1500 alone and then im need of suspension upgrades! im figuring on having $5000 tied up to have a solid running R and thats being conserivitive. But the way i look it is when you go to the track, i garantee you will be the only one with an old trx 250r. where ever i go, i get a aton of attention! everyone else has the everyday blasters, 400ex, 450r etc etc etc. The other plus of having a R is in 5 years time when u want to sell it. you will get your money back out of it! where as when u buy a blaster for $1000 and spend another $3000 on mods, now you have $4000 tied up and when u want to sell it, you cant even get $1800 for it! where as a modded up r will sell for $5000. So in my opinion, if your a 2 stroke guy like i am... Buy a TRX 250r over a 450r. Also when it comes to fixing a 2 stroke, its way cheaper then a 4 poke!!!! I:I

HMMMMM!!!! nice lil write up.. i am also in the market for a 250r. i will never get rid of my blaster/blaster's though. and im 2 stroke all the way.. ,, so would u say ltz 250r or trx 250r? thats my dilema. i personaly like the ltz looks but i think the honda would be better.. any opinions? and my blaster puts 400ex's to shame.. its so funny.. (stock400's) i dont plan on racing or anything its just a weekend thing but i like having a smaller motor beat up on the bigger ones. :) .... plus a smaller bike is much easier to throw around in the trails..

Well i have never rode the suzuki lt but i know speedemon had one and he hated it! the trx defintly dominated the atv world back in the day. i know a guy who his a trx 250r that has a 310 pv kit and he says it will kill a banshee! he smoked one. Thats what he told me.

well i have never rode the suzuki lt but i know speedemon had one and he hated it! The trx defintly dominated the atv world back in the day. I know a guy who his a trx 250r that has a 310 pv kit and he says it will kill a banshee! He smoked one. Thats what he told me.

i hated the lt250r i will never ever ever own one unless igot it for a buck to sell that is all i would want one i would like to try a trx250r

yeah my friends dad, 89blaster89s dad, has an '89 250r and it runs like a dream! We did have to completely rebuild the engine when he bought it, but it is AMAZING to ride!

i liked my lt 250 when i had it it was an 87 and they are the most powerful of them all first year of the pv and they had the largest intake of any of them made, they did have there down falls the swing arm was known to crack and so was the frame in a few places... i have also had an r and i liked it as well if i had to compare the two i would say the lt had more spunk then the r but the r seamed stabler and better in the handling side of it all just seamed to be more balanced...... so i would buy either from again if i had the chance and money to do so. just my 2 cents tho