my blaster wont start

2000blaster200

Aug 31, 2010
hamilton ohio
ok im out riding and i found a spot to open my blaster all the way up so in like 4th or 5th gear in starts acting like its loosing gas. i slow back down and ride a little longer and it acts normal. i bring it home and figure my carb might need to be cleaned so i take it off unscrew the bolts on the boil spray it with carb cleaner real good not taking the flts out or anything because im no pro at this stuff at any means. put it back together and back on my blaster. my little brother played with the idle screw because it hasnt idled since i got it, it eather idles to high or not at all so i go for not at all backing the screw off. i jump on it and put it in first gear and try to grab a wheelie well it just dies like its not getting gas i kick it a couple times and nothing. well today i went out and sprayed some starter fluid in the carb kick it nothing. take the spark plug out and its black so i clean it real good put it back in kick it and nothing. now i dont know if these things are like cars where you can put i screw driver down in the wire hold it next to the head and i should spark but i tryed and didnt see any spark. i dont have a ignition so i know its not that so if anyone can help me with some hints on how to figure this out either the shut off swith coil or what ide really appreciate it.

ok im out riding and i found a spot to open my blaster all the way up so in like 4th or 5th gear in starts acting like its loosing gas. i slow back down and ride a little longer and it acts normal. i bring it home and figure my carb might need to be cleaned so i take it off unscrew the bolts on the boil spray it with carb cleaner real good not taking the flts out or anything because im no pro at this stuff at any means. put it back together and back on my blaster. my little brother played with the idle screw because it hasnt idled since i got it, it eather idles to high or not at all so i go for not at all backing the screw off. i jump on it and put it in first gear and try to grab a wheelie well it just dies like its not getting gas i kick it a couple times and nothing. well today i went out and sprayed some starter fluid in the carb kick it nothing. take the spark plug out and its black so i clean it real good put it back in kick it and nothing. now i dont know if these things are like cars where you can put i screw driver down in the wire hold it next to the head and i should spark but i tryed and didnt see any spark. i dont have a ignition so i know its not that so if anyone can help me with some hints on how to figure this out either the shut off swith coil or what ide really appreciate it.
Yes it should go through the screwdriver and spark on head like you tried. If you cant get spark with that test then that is your problem, no spark.

Hey guys I have been having a problem. Just bought a 97 blaster and engine has been sitting out for awhile and we finally did a rebuild with all new gaskets. The only problem is that I can kick my balls off all day but nothing will happen, but if I squirt the fuel mixed into the cylinder it starts and stays running, but if I shut it off for awhile it won't start back up. It doesn't have a tors, no electrical problems, clean the carb a lot, got very good spark, all through the compression is 105 psi. I don't know what to do, could you guys help.

Hey guys I have been having a problem. Just bought a 97 blaster and engine has been sitting out for awhile and we finally did a rebuild with all new gaskets. The only problem is that I can kick my balls off all day but nothing will happen, but if I squirt the fuel mixed into the cylinder it starts and stays running, but if I shut it off for awhile it won't start back up. It doesn't have a tors, no electrical problems, clean the carb a lot, got very good spark, all through the compression is 105 psi. I don't know what to do, could you guys help.
May want to start your own thread. This one is way old. Last post was 2010

Chech the choke circuit and reeds