my blaster wnt start. help! i love my blaster

wat u mean by running lean??? i was running a 50:1 ratio. i aint sure wat the hell is wrong with it, but i nd to figure it out so i can get it fixd so i can ride it again. i miss riding it

runing lean meaing buy the fuel air ratio isnt right to much air (lean) will make it run hotter witch can fry a topend in a hurry to much gas (rich) will make it run cooler but if its to rich it will be very boggy you change the ratio by changeing jets

hmm. i understand that. i started teardown on it last nite, but ran outa daylite. i havnt got the cylinder or exhaust off yet. i think i may have strep throat so thats gonna put a stop to working on it. or if i get to feeling better later ill start working on it some more. what should i be looking 4? ive never tore a top end apart

hmm. i understand that. i started teardown on it last nite, but ran outa daylite. i havnt got the cylinder or exhaust off yet. i think i may have strep throat so thats gonna put a stop to working on it. or if i get to feeling better later ill start working on it some more. what should i be looking 4? ive never tore a top end apart

Just clean the body and engine, take the gas tank off, and unscrew the head and cylinder. Make sure you put a clean rag or something in to prevent dirt from getting in the crank case. Easy goings.

i got the gas tank off last nite. i didnt have the rite size socket and it was getting dark to kp working on it. i just gotta unbold the exhaust then i can start taking it apart. thats all im waiting on. and btw, i pushed on the kickstart yesterday and it went down a couple of time, but had absolutely no compression. any ideas wat mite be wrong with it now?

That's what mine acted like when the oil line came offof the pump. It screwed the piston and rings.I had a Vitos and now have a 67mm wiseco in a stock topend. dad said the piston looked like a powersaw engine with an air leak,and burned out the piston

it aint got the oil pump in it. its been blocked off. i tuk the tors system off tonite and now i cant get to screw bak on.. really starting to piss me off. im thinkin bout buying a new engine and building it the way i want it

well i got it tore down 2day. my cousin came over and i forgot to mention that i was running octane booster through it. he said the piston mite be swollen up. i got it apart and that piston looks like sh*t. i cant get the cylinder off though. i had the head off of it. i broke 3 12mm wrenches trying to take the damn thing off. lol. so im thinking bout just ordering a new piston and rings. anybody else agree with what my cousin said??? and i dnt think it has the bbk in it afterall. it luks all stock to me. anybody got any idea on wat i brand i should go with for the piston and wats the biggest size i can go with?

You need to get the cylinder off and measure the current bore size. You only want to bore it out enough to clean up the damage, no more. If you bore it more all you're doing is cutting out cylinder life, not really gaining any power.

It sounds like the piston has fragged in there. You'll know more when the top end comes off.

piston has fragged? if its gonna run me into costing me a bunch of money, ima haul it to the damn scrap yard and get a diffrent one. i only make about 250 a wk, so kinda on a budget here. it took me a long while to save up 4 this blaster. i love it. by just ur thinking. what would be the cheapest/quicket way to fix this and wat do you think i am gonna nd to get.

i took the top end off 2day. and the piston wont go up or down still. so im guessing its a rod bearing. and i had to take a ring off the piston to put the cylinder bak on cuz the bottom ring wouldnt let it. is the ring bad?

so was the tranny in neutral when you tried to move the piston? if not it won't move. look at the bottom of the rod where it attaches to the crank. you should be able to see the bearings in the slots cut out of the rod are they straight in there or crooked. what do the washers on either side of the rod look like? let me get a pic of a bad one for ya real quick

ok here ya go. the first one you can see the crooked needle bearings in the big end rod bearing and the left thrust washer is getting a little thin

2w2qyio.jpg

In this one you can see the crooked bearings and the left thrust washer is completely gone.

1zd1xg9.jpg

I have a little expirience with this lol
zxweud.jpg

i have no experience with a 2 stroke engine what so ever. yes the tranny was in neutral. this is the deepest ive ever tore into a engine before so it's all new to me, so guys plz don tuse big fancy words. lol. and i havnt even got to see the bottom of the crank. i cnt quite figure out how to remove the piston from the rod, and dnt know how to remove the rod from the crank

the piston is held on by 2 little c clips. look inside the piston where the bearing is... right on both sides of the bearing there is a clip in both sides. one on each. i took mine off and pushed the bearing out with a flat screwdriver then once you have the bearing out you can pull the piston off. as for the crank, you have to split the cases. if you do not know what youre doing, i suggest either getting a book and being careful or take it to your local shop and have them bust it apart for you.

you can see the bearing just by pulling the cylinder off(the part the piston is in). use the online manual in the engine section here.just need to turn the crank til you can see the bottom of the rod. if the engine is completely locked up i would start pulling the clutch cover off. the right side of the quad.something in there might be wrong

wow. i read the whole thread and that sux dude. i know how u'd feel. one time not too long ago i was rejetting and forgot to put the oil line in. lucky for me after a block the throttle got stuck and reved high as hell. so i killed the motor and inspect to see y it was doing that. then noticed the oil line. WOW! couldve fried my top! after that i did the oil block off! lol. btw isnt 50:1 a little too much?

50:1 is not enough 32:1 is about where he should mix it. the larger number is the parts gas and the 1 is the parts oil. so for every 50= parts of gas there is only 1=part of oil