My 84 200x Restoration project

itstyler

Jan 20, 2011
I picked up a 200x recently, ive been wanting to restore one for awhile now so this will be the first of many.I:I

The parts list is kinda long i need

Rear plastics - Got them
A clean tank - Got it
Seat cover
Chain adjusters
Piston and rings
chain and sprockets
front brake setup
front tire
Wiring harness
Kicker
Headlight bracket
and some other little stuff

Im bidding on a xr200 head for it as well as a dg exhaust to make it a little more peppy. Luckily the bottom end seems to be in great shape but im debating cracking it open to go over everything and give it new bearings just so i know they are new.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee484/4wheelerparts/DSC01081.jpg

Its ugly now ill post some more pics when its farther along.;)

too bad i got rid of that 84 i had with the axle/exhaust/rims/ported+timing motor. i would have had a lot of good parts for you.

Yea would have been nice lol

Ive gotten a lot deeper into the project, ive decided to tear the entire thing down and powdercoat everything i can. Im ordering a dg exhaust, and getting a brand new set of holeshots for the back. Ill also be polishing the trees and some other parts.

Im still planning to sell it and do another when im done, im not as interested in making money on them as getting my money back and just having something to wrench on. But the old honda 3 wheelers are popular and i think there will be a good market for restored bikes that are done right.

I pretty much have a whole 84 200x. It's sort of an odd deal, I have 2 but I traded 1 off. I traded for one that had a bad engine and had one I was restoring. I put my rebuilt engine into the one I wasn't restoring and ended up making a deal to trade it off. After the trade (I got my T3 in the deal) I lost all interest in the 200x. I ended up letting the guy I did the trade with (a very good buddy) come get all my 200x stuff and told him to use the best of everything to build him one and I'd take back the parts left over. The one I was restoring was done except for seat cover, fork boots and rear fenders, everything was powder coated and the rolling chassis was together with all new bearings and seals. After he got it, he lost interest. I'm not sure of the state of either trike now. If you're interested in pics, here's a link to my photobucket and the pictures. 1984 ATC 200x pictures by dksix - Photobucket There are sub-albums in there of more finished parts.

I pretty much have a whole 84 200x. It's sort of an odd deal, I have 2 but I traded 1 off. I traded for one that had a bad engine and had one I was restoring. I put my rebuilt engine into the one I wasn't restoring and ended up making a deal to trade it off. After the trade (I got my T3 in the deal) I lost all interest in the 200x. I ended up letting the guy I did the trade with (a very good buddy) come get all my 200x stuff and told him to use the best of everything to build him one and I'd take back the parts left over. The one I was restoring was done except for seat cover, fork boots and rear fenders, everything was powder coated and the rolling chassis was together with all new bearings and seals. After he got it, he lost interest. I'm not sure of the state of either trike now. If you're interested in pics, here's a link to my photobucket and the pictures. 1984 ATC 200x pictures by dksix - Photobucket There are sub-albums in there of more finished parts.

You trying to sell the stuff in the photobucket? sending you a pm i need a few things.