mx racing

norcal blaster

Jul 17, 2010
Norcal
I was thinking of racing my blaster in mx. I am not trying to go pro. Just doing it for fun. I saw a amateur 91-250cc 2 stroke class. I know I still have mods to do. What mods can you suggest and how well you think a blaster can do?

SMS +5+1 a arms, good axle, beadlocks, good nerfs, porting, stroker, better pipe, good carb, good airbox, something like some WORKS Triple Rates, or some Elkas for the front, redo your swingarm for a longtravel setup with a trx250r shock.

^^may be a little extreme, especially if your on a budget. for sure go for the vf3 reeds and a bigger carb for your 240 kit, also might wanna look into a better pipe. as a MINIMUM for shocks at least get some banshee fronts and 250r or 400ex shock for the rear, obvs its not the best setup you can have but at least you wont bottom the suspension. if money allows, going wider for the axle/a-arms and longer on the swingarm is a HUGE improvement. you will also need number plates and a tether switch to be able to race(at most places anyway)
As for how well you can do is entirely up to you. i had only been to the track a couple times, and could take some 450s on my stock bore stroker setup, and that was before i put on the wider a-arms and axle..

Suspension is where you put your money. Works shocks are a huge improvement and can be picked up for 200-350 used, wider a-arms, wider axle or solid-block style spacers. More motor is always nice, but suspension keeps you on the bike. I see you have a 240 already, so the more you can afford on suspension the better. Your body will thank you.

what i listed was pretty extreme, but even though its an amateur class, there will probably be some national-prepped bikes there