Marvel Mystery Oil

Kos92

Jul 23, 2007
Massachusetts
I add Marvel Mystery Oil to my blaster. It's great stuff and I would highly recommend it. I usually put it in the gas tank but I was wondering if it's safe to put in my oil injection system? I think it would be fine but I want to make sure.

Thx

I add Marvel Mystery Oil to my gas also, just a little, like two cap fulls and it seems to run much better and smoother.

I wouldn'd add it to the injection system though... Do yourself a favor and blok it off and pre-mix, the plastic gear that drives the pump often fails causing no oil to get to the carb. long story short it seizes and you'll be paying for a new top end.

When the oil pump fails is there a way to tell before alot of damage is done, or does the piston just seize and game over?

I use it in cars sometimes, It seems to help if the valves are starting to stick. I wouldn't go using it for a 2-stroke oil though.

I agree, it would be better to use a good quality oil and not use the MMO. I have used MMO in my vehicles and the lawnmower but if you use it in your Blaster (definately not in the injection system) w/ premix you will lean your engine as both the premix oil and the MMO displace fuel. Besides, if your are using a high qaulity synthetic or synthetic blend oil you will not have the same problems as autos do because Klotz/Spectrum/Amsoil and the others already have an excellent additive package within their oils. However, I have just started to use Seafaom to clean my auto engines and am considering using the spray application on my Blaster to clean out the built up carbon. It did an amazing job on my diesel truck and now I am considering other applications.

I had thought about using seafoam, the thing that I wondered about was when it's sprayed into the cylinder, where will the carbon that has been broken up go? Will it still stay in the cylinder and damage the walls?

When the oil pump fails is there a way to tell before alot of damage is done, or does the piston just seize and game over?

It would depend on how hard you are riding at the time. Both of mine looked fine after 8-years of use. I also had a DT175 from the seventies that had oil-injection that was still going strong in the nineties. I know that my Blasters are running much smoother and reving faster w/o the oil-injection. I use 110LL race fuel and Klotz Supertechniplate at a 32:1 ratio and am very happy. I bought a gallon of the Klotz Supertechniplate before speaking to the owner of a popular engine builder in the area and he swears by Klotz R50 techniplate as it has a better additive package- I may switch but I like the castor blend. Anyways, too much information I know, but I hope that it helps.

p.s. one thing that I did notice when taking my oil-injection off was that the foam filter in the oiltank was breaking down into small pieces. This did concern me as they could in theory be sucked into the oil-injector and clog it. This is just something that I noticed and is a FYI.

Cool, I like spectrum. I use their transmission oil and it allows for much smoother shifting. I am goin to buy their synthetic oil and see how that does. I will also give klotz a try.

I had thought about using seafoam, the thing that I wondered about was when it's sprayed into the cylinder, where will the carbon that has been broken up go? Will it still stay in the cylinder and damage the walls?

I would think that as it is broke down by the Seafoam that it would burn off. I do not think that it would come off in big chunks unless your engine is really plugged up with carbon. My concern is with using too much and causing problems with the bearings or leaning out the engine. However, it is petroleum based and can be used in crankcase oil and gas/diesel. Before I would use it in my Blaster I would have to consider how it would affect my jetting as I would rather not lean out my engine and sieze it to try a new product. Maybe I would richen up the a/f and/or the needle when I applied the treatment and then return it to normal after I was done applying the treatment.

yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I will probaly grab some Seafoam next week and apply a bit to the cylinder. I'll take it for a test ride then check the plug.

im glad this thread came along cause i stood in the store the other day wondering how this would work in the blaster before i bought a bottle.

Seafoam works on everything. I never was one to believe in the mechanic in a bottle type products and still dont for that matter. But my friend convinced me to try it on my old car and reluctantly I did. So now seafoam is my one exception. It made a world of difference.