LRD Info please

Y

yodaman1151

so i bought a blaster a few weeks ago. i'm 5'11" , 240lbs and this bike is supposed to be ported and polished, re-geared (i think) to 12/40, has LRD pipe that comes in 2 pieces, fmf silencer, kiehin banshee carb, and possible boysen reeds.... i took it to the trails and it went fine, went to the sand and it couldn't keep up with stock blasters... so i want to know WTF?! shouldn't i at least keep up with the stock bikes? i got on my cousins stocker and it had so much torque comparitively... can't even wheelie on the wet sand with my bike but the stocker threw me off... while goin WOT down the beach it seems to overheat and sputter and i have to slow down and put-put until it will rev up again...

any suggestions?

288748032_979658343_0.jpg

288748032_979658344_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ya think so? would it cut out and "overheat" with a lack of fuel? IYO did i get a good buy for $900 on this bike?

your jetting an if you are running 12/40 it is a smaller gearing than stock blasters

yeah it's lower gearing, meaning potentially it should have more torque than a stocker with less top speed, does this bike just have too much top end?

jeesh, with all those mods it should go like a bat out of hell.. you may have to clean your carb.
but that was a killer deal for 900.. no matter what's wrong with it I:I

jeesh, with all those mods it should go like a bat out of hell..

that is what i was thinking, even me being too big for it, it should at least keep up with a stocker. the throttle response is fine, it idles just fine... you have to adjust it a little cuz it idles higher once it gets really hot but i think thats normal for air cooled motors right?

34mm carb on a stock bore 200 is a little big. Even with the pipe and porting, you might have too big of a carb for the motor

the dude said it was a possible 240 but after comparing it to the stockers... there is no way its a 240 or the dude shoulda got his money back...

could i just jet it down below the stock jet for the keihin?

the plug isn't really dark/wet or really white... my uncle who has to maintain 3 blasters said that the plug looked good for how hard i was runnin my bike at the beach.

245stroker- those air channel things above the tires (not sure what they are called) do they help noticably with keeping the engine cooler?

You can try, jetting it down you'll loose alot of low end. I'd find out what you have first (bore size, stroke size, porting, head mod) and go from there

air channels? Are you talking about the air scoops? If thats what you mean, yes, they help redirect the air on the head and cylinder.

All you'd need would be a head gasket. If the plug looks good, you need a smaller carb. That 34mm is too big for your motor. It'd probably run fine with a 28-30mm carb on it

wow i read your signature and you're runnin a 35mm with all the mods on yours and mine is nowhere near as hopped up as yours....