LOVE the new chevy commercial!

Funny, but ford is the best. :D Atleast in 09 they're gonna be have you seen the new features on that thing? Go to ford.com and check that thing out.

Funny, but ford is the best. :D Atleast in 09 they're gonna be have you seen the new features on that thing? Go to ford.com and check that thing out.

I did and im not impressed. All they added for this year was a 6 speed trans (standard) which I wish chevy would have done. Then theres their blue tooth sync radio thing. Who gives a sh*t, you should be enjoying your truck while your in it, not talking on your cell phone or ear bud or whatever.

As for chevy, the active fuel management is just about the most genious thing ever put on a vehicle, 21mpg from a 305hp V8 engine. Come on thats just plain amazing. Then theres the eaton g80 posi/locking rear differential, another AMAZING idea added to the chevy. For those of you that dont know what the G80 is heres a vid.
and another
If chevy would have put a 6 speed trans on the 5.3 I would buy one right now. But the only 5.3 that comes with the 6 speed is like 40 grand and not worth it for me.

Then the ram. Most HP and same MPG as the 5.4 ford. The ram has the IRS (independed rear suspension) and a fuel management system similar to the chevy. The cargo room in the bed is kind of a cool idea too, better than the man step on the ford if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a ford guy, but you gotta give it to chevy for that commercial, i like the gas milage one with the toyota too! But recently i was looking at a 09 F150, test drove it and loved it, thought it was awesome. so i was watching the arizona, philly game last weekend and seen the chevy commercial, so monday i took an hour lunch and went to check them out! I have to say, always being a ford guy, I was alot more impressed with the chevy!! It seems ford is trying to pick up sales with petty sh*t, like the "man step" for example! yeah thats nice and makes it easier, but how long would it take for it to fall off or get ripped off? Ford better kick it up a notch or ill be in a new chevy!

Im a ford guy, but you gotta give it to chevy for that commercial, i like the gas milage one with the toyota too! But recently i was looking at a 09 F150, test drove it and loved it, thought it was awesome. so i was watching the arizona, philly game last weekend and seen the chevy commercial, so monday i took an hour lunch and went to check them out! I have to say, always being a ford guy, I was alot more impressed with the chevy!! It seems ford is trying to pick up sales with petty sh*t, like the "man step" for example! yeah thats nice and makes it easier, but how long would it take for it to fall off or get ripped off? Ford better kick it up a notch or ill be in a new chevy!

Agreed. Other than the trans nothing has changed other than the body style since the 5.4