looking for information about shock replacement

larusso_1

Jul 4, 2010
New Jersey
what is the best front and rear shock replacment for your buck. Stock shock just to stiff. Thinking about diamond J widening kit with yzf450 front shocks and honda 250r rear shock. Would i have to widen the rear axle has well? read some stickys on here but i am torn. What is my best option? Thanks

I would stay away from the diamond j kit. They are nothing special and seem like they would be more of a pain than anything. As far as front shocks look on ebay for a good set of used works, pep, elka etc. You usually can find a good deal on there for those. 250R, 400ex and 450r are the popular choices for th rear shock replacement.

I would stay away from the diamond j kit. They are nothing special and seem like they would be more of a pain than anything. As far as front shocks look on ebay for a good set of used works, pep, elka etc. You usually can find a good deal on there for those. 250R, 400ex and 450r are the popular choices for th rear shock replacement.

/\/\/\ nice second post, you have done your homework !!!!!!

Last edited:
important things we need to know to further help you out
do you ride track? if so diamond j may not be a good idea.
what do you ride ? trails? dunes? drags?

I ride mostly trails, but also ride some track. I do ride pretty hard so looking for some decent shocks. thank you guys for the response.

I trail and open field ride. I ride it when I get a chance(no kid/wife). While I do have Lonestar +3 +1 arms, it does have the DJ shock conversion brackets. You will never break those. SOLID.

450 r shocks around the whole bike. Super sweet on my first educated guess setting. These are totally rebuildable also. Put fronts on the wifes 300ex also, Diamond J shock and 400ex a arms. Awesome.

Cant vouch for the widening kit(DJ), but the shock conversion is nice. 450r shocks take my vote.