looking for engine install DIY

Nov 7, 2008
anyone have a step by step engine install guide? I coudl not find one on line, and its been a while since i removed my engine. Need something for refernce incase i get stuck.

Ok, so I have got the engine mounted, but have some questions

On this first 3 pictures, is the cluth right? im having clearence issues with my carb, adn thought it may need to be on the oppisite side. I tryed to see if it would rotate, but it woudl not so im figureing i'll need a spacer for my carb, or something.

257.jpg

254.jpg

251.jpg

On this second picture what does the gray connector go to? I think its the oil injection but want to make sure before i skip putin that part on.

245.jpg

Ok, on this picture, what is the hole for next to the clutch?

242.jpg

ok, and on this pigure what gos on the part of the fram above the chain?

248.jpg

Looks like you will need a spacer to help with the carb issue since it's not the stock one.

I'm pretty sure the grey connector is for the TORS, which you won't need.

The thing above the chain is where a chain roller goes. You need a new chain too

the hole in front of the clutch arm is just supposed to have a rubber plug in it. nothing major, but dont leave it open

the hole in front of the clutch arm is just supposed to have a rubber plug in it. nothing major, but dont leave it open

where can i get that at? i was looking on bike bandit but cant find it on there.

edit**... i found one on the old motor. its in a million pieces and most are missing so i suppose i got lucky.

Looks like you will need a spacer to help with the carb issue since it's not the stock one.

I'm pretty sure the grey connector is for the TORS, which you won't need.

The thing above the chain is where a chain roller goes. You need a new chain too

yea, the chain is in the plan, i was going to get it put back toghater and running. then afterwards get a new chain.

does the V3 give any extra clearence? i was thinking if any of the aftermarket reed assembleies woudl do it i'd prefer to invest the 20 dollars towards them instead of towards a spacer.

ok, so another problem... my impact wrench messed the threads up on the long bolt that goes though the swingarm and engine.

where can i buy one of those at? i'll need nut and bold.... i stupidly tryed to make it work butmessed the nut up too.

seems to me like you have no clue what your doing and should just take it to a mechanic. the momney your going to spend buying part you mess up will cost more than to just pay someone to do it right. this is a very simple process.

seems to me like you have no clue what your doing and should just take it to a mechanic. the momney your going to spend buying part you mess up will cost more than to just pay someone to do it right. this is a very simple process.

thanks for the help @$$, ive only messed up one part, and when a bolts already messed up it never hurts to try and put the nut back on it. Im pretty sure its not unheard of for people who work on things to have bolts break and strip but i guess in your world it is.

well i rethreaded the bolt, adn bought a new nut, seems to be fine now. :) so im back to just geting a spacer, adn figiureing out what to plug the extra nipple on my carb with.

ok, so im stuck on a little part again. Im trying to figure out how exctally to put the chain on. I read that you can just wedge a rag between the chain and rear sprocket, but im somewhat skeptical about it being done that way.

what is the proper way to losen the rear sprocket and put the chain on? This is my first chain drive 4 wheeler so this is a new thing for me.

any one have a good pic of how that black rubber part goes under the rear of the gas tank?

im trying to figure out what all goes though the center hole. Im asumeing that its just the plug wire?

The best way to learn is doing it yourself. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Don't be afraid to tear into it, that's what service manuals and forums like this are for.