LED Lights

The stock voltage regulator acts as a straight short to ground for the voltage output of the stator for any voltage over 14 VAC.

I will agree it does a relatively poor job of that but that is not the same job this regulator rectifier does:

http://www.trailtech.net/7003-RR150.html

That regulator does knock off all voltage above 14VDC but it also diode corrects the ac voltage to DC voltage.

With that regulator/rectifier, you could do a DC conversion and run some fairly high power LED's off of the battery balanced system.

It may still require a load resistor... (don't doubt you on that one) but it would be MUCH better balanced and more likely to keep the bulbs from burning out.

Plus they wouldn't flicker at idle...

so that is $44 a battery is about 50 for a decent one. how much is the other stuff i would need

A high output lighting coil if you want one. The stock 55 watt coil can be made to work with the DC conversion but it won't put as much power out...

You don't have to spend $50 on a battery either, my buddy bought a 5L-BS battery today from advance auto parts. It listed for $28.99 with a $6 core charge.

A high output lighting coil if you want one. The stock 55 watt coil can be made to work with the DC conversion but it won't put as much power out...

You don't have to spend $50 on a battery either, my buddy bought a 5L-BS battery today from advance auto parts. It listed for $28.99 with a $6 core charge.

the battery i say looked pretty heavy duty which was kinda what i wanted but for the price not so much. but what about the other hardware involved? with the better lighting coil and everything

You remove the grounded lead of the lighting coil off the stator plate and run it out as an input into the regulator rectifier.

You can use the stock coil but it'll only put out 55 watts. If you get the upgraded lighting coil, it will put out 75 watts.

You remove the grounded lead of the lighting coil off the stator plate and run it out as an input into the regulator rectifier.

You can use the stock coil but it'll only put out 55 watts. If you get the upgraded lighting coil, it will put out 75 watts.

ok so im at like $70 here with all the info you have given me anything else i would need?

Roll of wire and connectors. Trail tech sells a special crimping tool and connector set which is REALLY nice and if everything works like you want it to, might be worth looking into.