leak!!!

808blaster

Feb 16, 2015
Just wonderinghow big of a job it would be to change that seal behind the kicker...I think its leaking trans oil all over.

Attachments

• 20150827_173822.jpg
    20150827_173822.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 171
Its actually very easy
take clutch cover off, use a screw drilled in the seal to pull it out, or pry it out with a screwdriver, or pull with pliers.
then put a little grease on the new seal and slide it in. half hour tops if you have the seal

Edit: I just looked at your picture. Do you mean the clutch cover gasket?

QUOTE="Herpderplol, post: 780197, member: 17603"]Its actually very easy
take clutch cover off, use a screw drilled in the seal to pull it out, or pry it out with a screwdriver, or pull with pliers.
then put a little grease on the new seal and slide it in. half hour tops if you have the seal

Edit: I just looked at your picture. Do you mean the clutch cover gasket?[/QUOTE]
No its on the kicker side where u put the trans oil.

Its actually very easy

Edit: I just looked at your picture. Do you mean the clutch cover gasket?
Its on the kicker side

You claim a seal is leaking, yet there's no seal anywhere near what's showing in your pic. Your pic shows the clutch cover.

="Bluesman, post: 780204, member: 17535"]You claim a seal is leaking, yet there's no seal anywhere near what's showing in your pic. Your pic shows the clutch cover.
Yes my the clutch cover. But you see where the 2 smaller hex bolts are it leaks from that seal

There is no seal anywhere near what's showing in your pic. Seals are perfectly round and go around a shaft.

Herpderplo: 780211 said:
No need to be rude bluesman...

yes, the gasket is easy to replace. order a good oem one. take out the 8 bolts and put in the new gasket. done
Thanks man what is that gasket called? And is that why I'm low on trans oil all the time?

No need to be rude bluesman...
WOW! You think that's rude? It was an attempt to be educational without totally holding someones hand and practically doing the job for them. Sometimes the most valuable lessons in life are the ones that you actually spend some effort to acquire.

QUOTE="808blaster, post: 780212, member: 22335"]Thanks man what is that gasket called? And is that why I'm low on trans oil all the time?[/QUOTE]
Thanks man what is that gasket called? And is that why I'm low on trans oil all the time?
Would this cause it to leak trans oil from this gasket?

Ya, make sure you clean your bike before taking that cover off you don't want all that sh*t getting into your engine. Should prob power wash that biotch.

Would be good to do a leakdown test before you pull the cover off, that way if you have a crank seal leak, you can fix it at the same time.