Leak test

Sruiz67

May 1, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Ok finally had time to do a leak test and you boys were very right. Got the tester from awk and within 2 mins of testing it found a leak by the intake boot, pretty size able one. Used a small amount of gasket maker and a new gasket and put it back together. Tomorrow I will test it again and check it really well again. Leak tester worked great. After getting it, it seems so simple to make one but I just couldn't find the right stuff. Anyway thanks for the help and i'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow. After fixing the leak it's time to jet it perfect and then ride the sh*t out of it.

Reactions: Blaaster and Awk08
awesome you found a leak the easy way...testing,
instead of the hard way...frying pistons !
have some reps for taking good advice and using it

Well thanks man. I hope that will be it and then just jetting next. I don't want to speak too soon but I only have 950 dollars in this machine total. It's been fun getting it running right. I may buy another and do it again.

That's cool to hear that you found a leak. Well not that you found a leak but,.n/m ..You's know what i mean. Also thanks for re posting with your results. Many figure the problem out but don't re post on what the solution was. Plug chop and jet and enjoy.I:I

Ok finally had time to do a leak test and you boys were very right. Got the tester from awk and within 2 mins of testing it found a leak by the intake boot, pretty size able one. Used a small amount of gasket maker and a new gasket and put it back together. Tomorrow I will test it again and check it really well again. Leak tester worked great. After getting it, it seems so simple to make one but I just couldn't find the right stuff. Anyway thanks for the help and i'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow. After fixing the leak it's time to jet it perfect and then ride the sh*t out of it.

It is great to have someone take heed and act on advice given by "them in the know"

It would be great for the follow up, if you could post your mods and what jets worked for you.

Green on the way!